Home Forums Support Hooks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Rob

Hi Guys.

I know this isnt a Generatepress issue, but I thought you may have had this before, or can aim and throw me in the right direction.

Im using Elementor Pro, to create a Custom Template for the Product Archive.

I have a Filter plugin, that can assign to Hooks.

If I disable the Custom Product Template. The Filter appers where I want it, the Hook woocommerce_before_shop_loop. So at the top, near the “sort by” dropdown.

If I enable the Elementor Template, it disappears. I can only assume Elementor creates its own hook. Would anyone know what that might be?

I have asked Elementor support, who are refusing to be even slightly helpful.

Thanks Guys.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Does the Filter work if you add it to a GP Hook – obviously one that hasn’t been removed by Elementor?

Rob

Hi David

I created a similar topic last week, this was for a different site. It worked perfectly after you helped. Its the same plugin, just that I’m using Elementor for custom shop template.

I have options for “commons hooks”.

These are:

https://pasteboard.co/IeYch1u.png

I then have an option for “custom hooks”.

as soon as i delete the custom template, resolving back to default shop loop, it works fine.

I dont know what hooks to try and put in there, thats the issue ๐Ÿ™

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm…. lets eliminate a conflict, if you add just some basic HTML to the woocommerce_before_shop_loop does that display?

Rob

I’ll let you know

Rob

Still doesnt work ๐Ÿ™

https://pasteboard.co/IeYmMOI.png

That screen shot it what happens when I delete my Product Loop Template. everything appears.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like Elementor replaces all of the template with just the_content for you to edit. Can the filter be added to the Template using a shortcode?

Rob

It does come with shortcode, but seems to attach the product loop with it.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does the default GP Sorting display if you activate that in Customizer > Layout > Woocommerce –> Display product sorting ?

Rob

Yeah that’s already enabled,

and disappears if I enable the template.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Are you using a plugin for the product grid? i can see a UAEL- namespace class on those elements.

Rob

Yes, its the Ultimate Elementor addons.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Looks like it could be related to that, you can test by using the Elementor Product Widget. I know the GP sorting dropdown works on a normal Elementor product archive.

Rob

Yeah, it seems its the particular widget thats causing the issue. The regular one doesnt have much design option, but it works. So ill just stick with it, thanks again David.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Pretty bad show that they stripped the hook, personally i leave pagebuilders out of woo, its complex enough lol. Glad we found the issue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.