[Support request] Hook suggestions: after tags/before post nav & between post content & comments

Home Forums Support [Support request] Hook suggestions: after tags/before post nav & between post content & comments

Home Forums Support Hook suggestions: after tags/before post nav & between post content & comments

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thomas

Hi there,

I’d like to suggest two new hooks:

1) in the footer after “tags-links” and “nav-previous”
    2) between the post content and the comment section (not just after the post content but still inside the article – you can’t add a custom or no background color otherwise; e.g. for ad banner)

Cheers,
    Thomas

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. These elements are hooked into the generate_after_entry_content hook. So you can insert elements after it by using that same hook with a higher priority, or the generate_after_content hook.

2. The generate_after_content hook should also achieve this I believe?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Thomas

Hi,

1) Unfortunately, priority 10 is above “cat-links”, 11 below “nav-below”. And the after the content hook ist below both…
    2) It’s still inside “inside-article”, you can’t style it as individual “block” after the content section and before the comment area therefore. This is an ideal/dedicated location for adding stuff like ad banners…

Cheers,
    Thomas

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. So are you trying to insert something in between cat-links and nav-below?

2. Ah, so you’re looking for a hook here?: https://github.com/tomusborne/generatepress/blob/master/single.php#L19

Thomas

H,

1) Exactly, maybe too much of an edge case though.
    2) Yes, that would be great.

Cheers,
    Thomas

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

1. You could unhook the current functions, and then hook your own function in:

add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'tu_remove_footer_meta' );
    function tu_remove_footer_meta() {
        remove_action( 'generate_after_entry_content', 'generate_footer_meta' );
    }

add_action( 'generate_after_entry_content', 'tu_custom_footer_meta' );
    function tu_custom_footer_meta() {
        if ( 'post' == get_post_type() ) : ?>
            <footer class="entry-meta">
                <?php generate_entry_meta(); ?>

Your custom hook or content in here.

<?php if ( is_single() ) generate_content_nav( 'nav-below' ); ?>
            </footer><!-- .entry-meta -->
        <?php endif;
    }

2. Thanks for the suggestion – I’ll see what I can do! ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.