[Resolved] Home page with Sections problem.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Home page with Sections problem.

Home Forums Support Home page with Sections problem.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Philip

Hello
    I have a problem after disabled a plugin not want to say it’s name for not advertise it here, because i have sections i enabled them on my home page but i see that Background Color and Box Type possible other things after i press update they in reality not update you can chk my site https://itesla.solutions
    On other pages it work well also sidebars cant enable on home page, please tell me what is the cause.

Philip

I have found a code at the end of Style.css related to that plugin, removed it and solved.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it solved! ๐Ÿ™‚

Philip

The problem returned i try to edit but page is not updating with the changes i do not know why.
    Also i would want to enable widgets on home page and other pages as buddypress Activity,Members etc.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So when you make changes to the Sections and save, all of your changes are forgotten?

You can display certain widgets on specific pages/post types using a plugin like this: https://wordpress.org/plugins/display-widgets/

Philip

Yes they remain as they were without changes at the moment on my home page at the bottom is a space it is because there is one empty section i try remove it but after update it is not removed also same with other options no changes.
    Maybe this is BuddyPress related?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you possibly email me with temporary admin login details so I can take a closer look?

support@generatepress.com

Philip

Sorry that i can’t do, i try disable BuddyPress but no luck.
    I see my site have some cache from server but even by pressing Flush Cache not help, i m on managed wordpress.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, in that case could you possibly create a little video for me showcasing the issue?: https://www.screenr.com/

Philip

Hello
    I could not record because google chrome does not support plugin from that site.
    Here i record a video and upload to youtube.
    As you can see that section is not removed after Update the page also if i want to change colors or text it is the same.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Weird, so that last Section won’t go away?

Does this happen on all pages, or just this one?

Are you using the latest version of Sections/GP Premium (0.8/1.2.64)?

Philip

No it wont go away even if i want to edit some other and change color or layout it wont update after press update instead it will stay as it was without changes.
    It works good on other pages this fault happen only on Home page.
    This is the version i have latest i think 1.2.64

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

What happens when you change another option? For example, if you change the top of bottom padding of one of the sections. Does your new value disappear when you publish?

Philip

Yes it disappear it is same with any change i do it will not update the changes.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try going to the “Pages” area of your Dashboard and find your home page.

Then click “Quick Edit” and under “Template”, choose “Default Template”.

Let me know if that fixes it or not ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.