Home Page button on menu bar

Home Forums Support Home Page button on menu bar

Home Forums Support Home Page button on menu bar

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jeanne Melanson

Is it possible to create a HOME button on the menu bar to bring my visitors back to the most recent posts? Same as what clicking on my banner does?

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Absolutely! Go to “Appearance > Menus” – on the left, open the “Pages” module. Click “View all”, and you should see a “Home” item at the very top.

Add that item to your menu and save.

That should be it! 🙂

Jeanne Melanson

Thank you, I see that now. It won’t show up on the menu bar, however. I’m guessing that there’s one too many tabs for the bar. Is there a way to have a second row?

Thank you!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If changes/additions you make to your menu aren’t showing up on the live site, you most likely don’t have your theme location set.

Go to “Appearance > Customize” and open the “Set Navigation” area. Then set your primary navigation area to your created menu 🙂

Jeanne Melanson

Ah, okay. I see.

However, I can’t get into the Customize section. I have a discussion going on about this with you on another thread. When I go to Customize, it’s locked on “Saved”. It boots me off my site and I have to log back in. As long as I stay in Customize it will keep doing this.

I got my memory increased from 64 to 256 MB but that doesn’t seem to make any difference. Luckily, I’m pretty much customized the way I want, for the most post, but it would be nice to have the option.

Sigh.

Jeanne

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Replied in the other thread – we’ll get it sorted 🙂

You can also set your theme location in “Appearance > Menus” – open your custom menu, and near the bottom you’ll see the area for the theme location.

Kathrin

Is there a solution to this problem already?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

This isn’t a problem – it was either because the theme location wasn’t set or the server didn’t have high enough memory (which is adjustable).

Carl

Is there a way to add a “Home”-Button without using custom menu´s?
    I thought there should be a setting to view “home” or not.

Thank you!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Not sure if I fully understand.

Any chance you can open a new topic for your question?

This current topic is very old.

Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.