[Resolved] Ho to display categorys and tags of Custom Post Types in Generate Press

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Ho to display categorys and tags of Custom Post Types in Generate Press

Home Forums Support Ho to display categorys and tags of Custom Post Types in Generate Press

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Beate

Hello, I am a new user and I have a Question how to use Custom Post Types in Generate Press.

I have created a new CPT “portfolio” and add support for the available registered taxonomies.
    The URL “domain/portfolio” shows correctly the posts I have created under the new Custom Post Type and the pagination works too.

The new category “portfolio-category” which I had assigned to the new post type is displayed in the sidebar, but the result of domain/category/portfolio-category is “not found”.
    The same problem exists when trying to display the tags: domain/tag/tag-portfolio/ also creates a 404.

I would be very happy if you could show me which code I need so that the categories and tags are output correctly.

I am using Generate Press Child Theme, GP Premium, CPT UI

Thank you and best regards from Germany

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

Sometimes it’s necessary to rebuild the permalinks when new CPTs or taxonomies are added.

Go to “Settings > Permalinks” and hit the save button.

Let me know if that fixes it ๐Ÿ™‚

Beate

Hello Tom, thank you, that solved my problem!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.