[Support request] Hiding Author Name In Only One Category & Displaying H1?

Home Forums Support [Support request] Hiding Author Name In Only One Category & Displaying H1?

Home Forums Support Hiding Author Name In Only One Category & Displaying H1?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Gert

Hi, I searched this forum but didn’t stumble on an answer. I’ve heard great thing about GP support and so…

1) With GP “Blog” I can disable author names globally but is it possible to disable them in only one category? I found a plugin that can do that, but I thought maybe there’s an easy way to do that with theme settings?

2) H1 of my posts are not displayed on my category pages- I see only a featured image and below that some text. Could You please help me out here.

Sincerely,
    Gert Mikkal

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

1) Are you wanting to hide them on the archive page only or single posts within that category as well?

2) Can you link me to the page in question? You can edit the original topic and use the private URL field.

Let me know 🙂

Gert

Hi, thank You for a prompt reply. I added the link. I would like to see H1 below the featured image. Maybe I have messed up some settings?

I would like to hide author names from all the posts (so single posts as well) in this category. For example I would like to hide an author name of the post I gave you a link to.

The reason: I didn’t write it but I own the text:) I could circumvent that by creating a “guest author”, but I thought that may there’s an easy way to hide the names.

Gert Mikkal

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Gert you can hide the author name by category using body/article classes. like so:

.category-thecategory .byline {
    display: none;
    }

Just change ‘thecategory’ to the category name

To change the position of the title is under the Customiser > Layout > Blog > Featured Images > Location. You can apply this separately for arhives, posts and pages

Gert

Hi, sadly the problem persists. I just copy-pasted (only “thecategory”–>”blog” which is the name of the category in question) this CSS to Simple CSS. Should it have work this way (using Simple CSS for the first time)? I’m still seeing “by Gert Mikkal” under the H1 of my post when I open it. Maybe I’m asking for impossible:) What I’d like to achieve is that all single posts that I direct to this single category “blog” do not display an author name.

I actually have set “featured image above title”…the problem is…I don’t see the title of posts on my category pages:)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Gert, i can’t see the ‘category-blog’ – but i can see ‘tag-blog’ so you can use this:

.tag-blog .byline {
    display: none;
    }
    Gert

Hi, didn’t quite understand it, but it worked:) Thank You!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Your welcome

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.