[Support request] Hide H1 without harming SEO

Home Forums Support [Support request] Hide H1 without harming SEO

Home Forums Support Hide H1 without harming SEO

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Fernando

I hid the title of the pages on my website, for example the homepage (https://falesaude.com), for design reasons. But in the SEO analysis it appears that the H1 is missing. How do I get the H1 with the page name but it doesn’t appear in the page’s visual?

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Fernando,

Hiding is not the same as removing it completely from the page.

You’ll need to put it back up and then hide it with CSS so the actual <h1> element stays intact for SEO. 😀

Fernando

Hi Elvin

Thanks for the feedback.

I found that by disabling the title here (see photo), the H1 would remain in the code. But no, right?

Would you have the CSS for me to do this?

Thank you very much

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

This CSS should be what you are looking for:

h1.entry-title {
        display: none;
    }

However, my recommendation would be to avoid doing that – as far as I understand, Google doesn’t like when you use CSS to hide something, especially like the h1 element.

Fernando

I think I got confused. How do I make the title of a page not appear in the final look. For example my homepage. The H1 on the page is “Fale Saúde”. If I leave it activated, it will appear in the visual of the page (falesaude.com)

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The best way is to use the Disable Content Title as you’ve shown in your screenshot here:
    https://prnt.sc/23qslg9

That will remove it from the source code as well.

It’s not a good idea to show something in the source code then use CSS to hide it in the front end – feel free to do more research on this.

Fernando

Understand.

So since I don’t want to show the page title, I better keep hiding and not call the SEO (Semrush) analysis that says the page is missing H1?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So since I don’t want to show the page title, I better keep hiding and not call the SEO (Semrush) analysis that says the page is missing H1?

That would be my recommendation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.