header images per page

Home Forums Support header images per page

Home Forums Support header images per page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Iñaki Mansilla

Hi.

It would be nice to have a built in functionality of header images per page… I know we have the “Page header” option, but they are placed in the content area… in my case I needed to place a different header image for every page but in the header not in content.

For those of you who have the same need, there is a quick solution proposed from the developer of the theme. It works great, thanks Thomas!!!, but as I mentioned, In my opinion it would be great not to have to create a child theme in order to add this new function to function.php.

This code should move the page header from after the header, to inside the header.

add_action( 'after_setup_theme','generate_move_page_header' );
    function generate_move_page_header()
    {
                    remove_action('generate_after_header','generate_page_header', 10);
                    add_action('generate_after_header_content','generate_page_header', 10);
    }

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thanks for the posting the snippet!

What the above does is move the Page Header area inside of the site header element.

I’ll definitely look into a way to integrate this – I just have to be very careful not to add too many options, as the Page Header add-on already has quite a few.

Martin

Hi,

I also want to replace my site header with custom page headers which provide a fallback default page header if no custom page header is set.
    I got this working with the snippet above and a custom plugin with my customized generate_page_header_area function but a builtin solution would be awesome.

Regards Martin

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Martin,

The latest version of Page Header has a “Logo Settings” tab on the individual page which allows you to upload a custom logo just for that page 🙂

Martin

Awesome! Thanks Tom

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.