[Resolved] Header and menu loading problem

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Header and menu loading problem

Home Forums Support Header and menu loading problem

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Costas

Hello there.
    I am using generatepress for a while and i am very impressed with it so I recently got the premium.
    While i was using the free theme (with child theme) I had lot of custom CSS mostly for the navigation menu. All were working perfectly until I activated some of the addons.
    Τhe problem i have is that when pages are loading the header and the menu are moving to another position and then going back to their current place and I think they load slower now. The only custom css that i have left now is the one for padding on the menu.

.main-navigation .main-nav ul li a, .menu-toggle { padding-top: 20px;}

Here is what i see:
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/3Ck682e.gif[/img]

-I use Elementor as page builder but i dont think it has to do anything with it.
    -My Page Builder Container for every page is set to Full Width.
    -Here are my Custom settings in Layout: https://imgur.com/a/sWrap

I have tried many different settings in layout but still can’t figure it, I believe tho’ it has to do with Page Builder Container in pages. Also i tried to deactivate the addons to go back to my previous state but the problem stayed.
    Thanks in advance and i hope there is a simple solution to this.
    (sorry for my bad English)

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Can you try using this CSS to push the navigation down?

.main-navigation {
        padding-top: 20px;
    }

Not sure if it would fix the problem but worth a shot.

Let me know 🙂

Costas

Sadly it didn’t do anything. At my home page I changed Page Builder Container to Contained, the header image isn’t moving any more but i can still see the menu going up and down (I am not experienced but looks like it is loading css slow).
    Btw i am using another plugin for custom css (from siteorigin)

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm can you try one of methods here? https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/

Costas

I moved my CSS to Customize>Additional CSS and deactivated the plugin I was using. The up and down movement of menu stopped but there is a small movement right and left when I hop pages. Its minor problem but still kinda annoying to me.
    Btw i just noticed a horizontal scroll bar appears fast in bottom when this happens, which i am sure its the cause of that movement of menu. Might be the Page Builder Container type or dunno i will make some tests now.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmm I’m not seeing any issue now.

Costas

I can still see it and I checked from different browsers and different pc/screen.
    Its a small fast move of header+menu to right and then coming back to left when u hop pages.(this wasn’t happening before i activated the addons)
    I dont have time for more tests now, I might check it from Monday, thank you anyway.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would bet the issue you’re seeing now is the difference between pages with and without a scrollbar.

When there’s a scrollbar, it will push everything to the left by the width of the scrollbar.

I’m on a Mac right now, which doesn’t have a visible scrollbar, and I’m not seeing any issue.

Costas

Hi guys and thanks a lot for your effort.
    Today after lot of testings i figured out the unexpected. The problem of what i was seeing had to do with elementor page builder. Its weird that u can’t see it cause i even tested it from Mac and windows.
    Anyway thanks again and have a nice sunday.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could help!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.