[Resolved] Hamburger Menu not opening on mobile

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Hamburger Menu not opening on mobile

Home Forums Support Hamburger Menu not opening on mobile

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dnrtech

I’m not sure if i disabled the wrong thing somewhere, but hitting the hamburger menu on a mobile device, does nothing:
    http://c56368.sgvps.net/~dnrstudios/

iOS v12

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Volume slideout only works when it is enabled for Desktop or Desktop & Mobile. Not Mobile Only.
    If you want on mobile only then enable it on Both in the Customizer and use this CSS to hide it from Desktop:

@media (min-width: 1024px) {
        #generate-slideout-menu {
            display: none;
        }
    }
    Maike

I have the same problem. I’m sorry, I don’t understand the answer. I’ve copied the code into the Customer -> Additional CSS and nothing happens when I am testing it on my mobile phone. I’ve purge and cleared the cache. Creative and Practical

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the issue in this topic is not related to the problem you are experiencing, so you can remove the CSS. And the try #1 here:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

Maike

I am not trying to be difficult, but this is way beyond what I am comfortable to do. The site is live and Generate Press was highly recommended by Brandon Gaille to improve mobile site speed. I see the improvement, I’ve increased the memory in the wpconfig file, but disabling all ‘non GP-plugins’, that includes backup, recipe plugin, Thrive optins. I can’t afford that. I’m sorry. I am so confused. Is GP is not mobile-friendly by default? Is there somebody who specializes in these customizations. Is this a theme only for developers? I’ve spend good money on the Theme and now I feel like it’s not going to be able to work, because I am just a blogger and don’t know how to run a site and debug things. I mean, how do I even know what plugins are considered GP and which are not? I am sorry to vent like this. (https://creativeandpractical.com)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

So yes the Theme is mobile responsive, there is something conflicting with the themes code that is breaking the menu toggle. You are using the Autoptimize plugin, can you Flush the Cache and de-activate that plugin. This is the most likely culprit. Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Maike

Thank you, David. I am using Autoptimize (and WP Rocket). I’ll give this a try.

Maike

Halleluja! I see the Thrive ‘hello bar’ again and the mobile menu works again. Does that mean I shouldn’t use Autoptimize? That’s the one that minimizes the css and other script files, right?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

WP Rocket also minimizes and combines CSS and JS Scripts – you may need to check its settings. So no need for Autoptimize ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad you got it resolved.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.