[Resolved] grid set up

Home Forums Support [Resolved] grid set up

Home Forums Support grid set up

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Chad Biggs

Hi Tom, can you briefly explain how to control the grid? I understand that grid-40 is 40%, etc… and the grid will float left if it doesn’t equal 100%. And it seems like 10% is as low as the grid will go. Is there a way to make a column smaller than 10%? I am trying to use a font-aewsome icon next to a paragraph and the text is wrapping the icon.

Thank you,
    -Chad

Chad Biggs

You can see what I’m talking about here http://cboysweb.com/4-steps/ . The text wraps under the icon and I want all the text to line up with the top line of text. Kind of making the icon stick out to the left by it’s self. I’ve tried everything I know to do to make a new grid column 50px wide but the text still wraps. Maybe I don’t have a full grasp of the grid yet. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
    -Chad

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Chad,

The grid allows from grid-5 all of the way up to grid-100.

I’m not seeing any grids inside your current columns at all – you’ll need to wrap the icon in a grid and text next to it in a grid as well.

Chad Biggs

Thank you Tom, that suggestion helped. But now I have a different issue with the same code. I work on a local machine with Dreamweaver. I thought it would be easier and faster to put my code in a page and hit save, then refresh the browser. The page I have been coding in is the content-page.php located in my child theme folder. So, everything was working great and looking good until I pasted my code in a wp-page. Now the block looks different even though they are using the same code and the same css. Can you tell me whats wrong please?
    http://cboysweb.com/4-steps/

Thank you,
    -Chad

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’ll need to make sure all of your code is valid or else WP will strip some of it and try to clean it up.

All opening HTML tags (<div>) need to have a closing tag (</div>) and so on.

Chad Biggs

Thanks Tom! I have been searching up and down in my HTML for hours. I used the HTML clean up tool in DW for the first time (I’ve always been scared to use it). Do you think it could do that because of a style sheet? I have a habit of using an X in front of a selector in style sheets to disable the style, I do that in case I want to go back and use it again. I do it like this X.someclass. Maybe I should do it more like .Xsomeclass or do you think that is a poor habit too… I guess I should start commenting out my styles. I just answered my own question, didn’t I? Thanks again. I love this theme and your awesome support.

-Chad

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Chad,

Hard for me to tell what’s going on really – just try and make your HTML and CSS as clean as possible.

It’s never a bad idea to prefix your classes 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.