[Resolved] GPP Woocommerce glitch – can't change sidebars

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GPP Woocommerce glitch – can't change sidebars

Home Forums Support GPP Woocommerce glitch – can't change sidebars

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nick

When I go to PAGES and select content/no sidebars and update, it doesn’t remove the sidebar from the page. Is this some sort of glitch? Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

It’s an index page so WordPress ignore metabox values (blog, archive, shop etc) by default.

The sidebar setting is here: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/woocommerce-overview/#shop

Nick

OK, using the customize settings did work for most pages, but the SHOP page still has the sidebar content. I can’t get rid of it. Also, a second CART button appeared in my menu, but it is not actually in my MENU settings under appearance. It seems like Im getting some glitchy behavior.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So you’ve turned the sidebar setting off for shop page but it’s not working here?
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/woocommerce-overview/#shop

Can provide a link to the page in question?

Nick

Oh, I see now. I was in the SIDEBAR section of the customize panel. I didn’t realize that the SHOP page had it’s own sidebar functions in the Woocommerce section. Thank you very much. So, I’m not sure what to do about the CART options for the menu. Do I delete the CART button from my menu page, or do I uncheck the box that says “display cart in menu” under the Woocommerce section? I have 2 CART buttons right now, and I’m not sure what to do. Thanks so much!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would remove the cart button from your menu structure.

Nick

OK, thanks Leo.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.