[Resolved] GP Premium will not install

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Premium will not install

Home Forums Support GP Premium will not install

• This topic has 14 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Dave

I have purchased premium, i have the basic GP installed on my wp site but when i try to load and install premium i get this

Installing Theme from uploaded file: gp-premium.zip

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.

HELP!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    Dave

boom goes the dynamite!

thanks man

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You’re welcome 🙂

Dave

so now, i have installed premium, i have activated it in my account here on this site but Generate press is still not appearing in “appearance” so i can select my addons.

any ideas?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You need to install the theme as well: https://generatepress.com/install-generatepress/

Dave

theme is installed, it was installed before i installed the plug in

the plug in is sintalled

activated in my account

what am i missing

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If there’s no “Appearance > GeneratePress” page it means the theme isn’t activated/installed.

If you go to “Appearance > Themes”, is GP the activated theme?

Dave

No, I can’t make GP my active theme yet as it will mess up my whole site, i want to do it all in live preview, with all add on’s so i can fix and customize everything and then switch themes when its all perfect

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, that’s a problem for sure. GP Premium piggybacks off of GeneratePress, so if GeneratePress isn’t running, GP Premium doesn’t have any power.

Have you considered building out the site on a local server or in a development folder on your server?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer
    steven

I’ve installed GP Premium, chosen add-ons, but get a white screen when I go to customize. Can you help? Free version is active.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

You might need to increase your PHP memory limit: https://generatepress.com/knowledgebase/increasing-memory-limit/

Your hosting might just have a really small limit set by default.

Let me know 🙂

Bernard Wilms

Trying to upload install GP Premium on GoDaddy. GP free installed and working. Following is the command and resulting error:
    update.php?action=upload-plugin
    Unable to create directory uploads/2018/04. Is its parent directory writable by the server?
    Checked server directories with ftp and found all permissions as Read, Write, Execute.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That’s definitely a permissions error. I would give GoDaddy a call and ask them to fix it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.