[Resolved] Theme Test Drive

Home Forums Support Theme Test Drive

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    George

Hello,

I’m trying to migrate to the Generate Press across my network of sites. I’ve basically gone across and moved a bunch over to the new theme. However, the biggest obstacle I have is my news site. Basically within my WordPress I have dozens of themes templates for different functions. I want to run Theme Test Drive in the background while I set up the site. However, I’m not sure how I can get the Generate Premium to show options without the Generate Press being the main theme. Could I turn it on, get the options up and running then switch back to my original theme while I work out the many kinks I know I’ll run into?

Also how do I export options from Generate Press. I don’t see any “Generate Press” options to export when exporting.

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi George,

I actually went through this with someone the other day.

I believe activating GeneratePress through Theme Test Drive shows the “Appearance > GeneratePress” menu page? If so, you can activate GP Premium and then go into this area while using Theme Test Drive to activate each individual add-on.

If that doesn’t work, then quickly switching to GP to activate the add-ons and then switching back may be your best bet.

Let me know if you need any help 🙂

George

Thanks Tom.

I went ahead and created another wordpress install / imported a month’s worth of topics and working on the theme this way.

Would there be any reason a php include wouldn’t work in a template?

I’ve created a home template to host my index files in my child theme, however in the theme I have a slider — Meta Slider Pro — and the short code is just a simple PHP include. However it doesnt’ show up on the template. Any ideas?

Thanks,

George

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, should work just fine – can I see the code?

George

The problem is on the test side — don’t worry about that.

Which template is being called for the archives.

I want to use a template —

Title
    Date

Photo (Centered)

Article

The template being called for the categories (I thought was page) looks the same as Single.

Thanks,

George

George

I should have written the last post better. I want to use the same layout for a single page as is used for a category (without the multiple pages).

George

Hello Tom,

I figured out how to fix the single page in the template I wanted.

Is it POSSIBLE to run Masonry on JUST PAGES / CATEGORIES leaving the Index (in my case running HOME) alone?

Thanks,

George

George

I figured it out looking on the forums I found this code

add_filter('generate_blog_masonry','generate_blog_enable_category_masonry');
    function generate_blog_enable_category_masonry()
    {
            // If we're on a category, enable masonry
    	if ( is_category('') )
    		return 'true';

// Otherwise, disable it
    	return 'false';
    }

We’re all good!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Awesome – glad you found that 🙂

Thanks!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.