[Resolved] GP Premium requires GeneratePress to be default theme message

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Premium requires GeneratePress to be default theme message

Home Forums Support GP Premium requires GeneratePress to be default theme message

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can remove it completely with this code: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/gp-premium-requires-generatepress-to-be-default-theme-message/#post-296388

Using a plugin like Code Snippets might allow you to run it on specific sites only.

Gem

HI Tom, thanks for your reply and for the code, I have added the child theme and pasted the code at the bottom of the child theme’s function.php file (I did this from my server end) but the message is still appearing (note: I use multisite and this message appears at the top of every site in my multisite)

Am I pasting the code into the wrong area in the functions.php file? I’m not familiar with code, so i’m scratching my head, I didn’t even know how to get a child theme, but youtube helped me figure that one out.

If you can please help by describing the final steps to removing this message, I would be very grateful.

Kind Regards,

Gem:)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is GP Premium network activated? It shouldn’t be if the theme isn’t active across the network.

If you only activate GP Premium on sites where GP is in use, the message shouldn’t appear in the first place.

Gem

Hi Tom, apologies for the late reply, when I installed GP on my Multisite, a few of my older client sites were built using Astra Theme, I cannot remove GP from these sites “Theme section” I only got the option to activate across the network when I first installed GP, it’s worth noting here that although it activated across the network, the GP theme is not the active theme on the older sites running Astra Theme, it’s just there “Unactivated” in the list. On each of these older sites I keep getting the GP admin notice even though I added the code below to the child theme fnctions.php file:

add_action( ‘after_setup_theme’,’tu_remove_gp_premium_notices’ );
    function tu_remove_gp_premium_notices() {
    remove_action( ‘admin_notices’,’generate_premium_theme_information’ );
    }

Any help resolving this would be very much apreciated.

Kind Regards,

Gem

Gem

Tom I’ve resolved it by adding the code to code snippets plugin on the main multisite dashboard, then I went into each old site>snippets and activated the snippet. PHEW! it was never a big problem so I was ignoring it but glad it’s now resolved ๐Ÿ™‚

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad you got it resolved! ๐Ÿ™‚

Adham

where can I find this code to remove it ?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

What code are you trying to remove?

It shouldn’t show by default if you are using GP as the theme.

If you need further help on this, please open a new topic.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘GP Premium requires GeneratePress to be default theme message’ is closed to new replies.