GP Portfolio Child Theme + Jetpack Portfolio

Home Forums Support GP Portfolio Child Theme + Jetpack Portfolio

Home Forums Support GP Portfolio Child Theme + Jetpack Portfolio

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    GL

Hello All,

I like to use Jetpack and was working with the portfolio custom post type while stumbling around here a bit. I saw the great thread for the portfolio child theme that makes use of another plugin, so decided to create one specific to Jetpack.

If anyone is interested the code is located on GitHub at: https://github.com/GLWalker/generatepress-jetpack-portfolio

Its a very simple theme, just adds portfolio support and files that Jetpack will make use of. Project page layout makes use of masonry. Porfolio short codes have been blended to match the same overall styling as used on the Project pages. Stylesheets and scripts load only when needed, and Jetpacks default stylesheet for shortcodes has been removed, and replaced with another stylesheet that will NOT load in the footer.

Blends perfectly with the default GP layout. To customize further, take a look at the files inside the css folder, and then overwrite what you need to inside the themes style.css

• This topic was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by Tom.
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

That is AWESOME – thanks for posting it!

Any demos possibly?

I’ll have to play with it tomorrow morning ๐Ÿ™‚

Thanks again!

GL

I put up a demo here:

Generate Press Portfolio JetPack Child Theme

If anyone spots any bugs please post about it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Cool! Thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

Ryan Archer

Nice work GL!
    Could your customised theme work with other custom post types?
    Say the ones you can make by going directly into the functions.php file and adding them?

I get the feeling perhaps it might not because the Jetpack custom post types are limited to portfolio and testimonials.

GL

Hi Ryan, I know I’m I bit late responding to you, but wanted to answer anyway. It’s really just a very simple child theme with the minimal code added to it for JetPacks portfolio. It should be no different adding other custom post type to the theme.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.