[Resolved] GP Bootstrap CSS Conflicts

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GP Bootstrap CSS Conflicts

Home Forums Support GP Bootstrap CSS Conflicts

• This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Tom.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nat

Hey Tom,

I use Bootstrap a LOT! But I notice that as soon as I add the Bootstrap CDN link to the “WP_Head” hook, I’m in trouble.

For instance, it immediately overwrites the css code for the body background color, font size, font-family, etc.

In other to make the site look as I want I have to add the css manually to Simple CSS. Is there a way to avoid this? I mean, I don’t mind to re-code everything but I believe I may lose the style after updating the theme.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Nat

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Unfortunately that’s the trouble with including a CSS framework that includes all of that broad CSS styling, you’ll run into conflicts.

Have you considered building Bootstrap using their tools to not include all of that basic stuff and only include the features you’re wanting on the site?

Nat

Sorry Tom, I don’t follow. What do you mean? How should I do that? I mainly use Bootstrap because is much easier for me to make a row and col you know?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

You can build bootstrap to only include the elements you want: http://getbootstrap.com/customize/

This way it won’t include these global styles that aren’t necessary.

You can always use the built in grid system within GP instead: http://unsemantic.com/

Nat

Hey Tom,

Thank you very much. I didn’t know about that feature. Let me read more about it and I’ll let you know!

Thanks again.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.