[Resolved] Google Font API being called twice?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Google Font API being called twice?

Home Forums Support Google Font API being called twice?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marcel

Hey guys, I am in the process of rebuilding my site from an outdated super heavy themeforest theme to GP Premium / ElementorPro. Although I have a bunch of visualcomposer short codes to clean up in the blog, I just ran this in GTMetrix, and this one particular thing is affecting my page score the most. Any ideas why its calling the font twice?

I have typography disabled, and global fonts disabled in Elementor, but still I get this problem.

Thank you kindly if anyone can point me in the right direction.

The following resources have identical contents, but are served from different URLs. Serve these resources from a consistent URL to save 1 request(s) and 14.2KiB.

https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Muli:100,100italic,200,200italic,300,300italic,400,400italic,500,500italic,600,600italic,700,700italic,800,800italic,900,900italic
    https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Muli:200,200italic,300,300italic,regular,italic,600,600italic,700,700italic,800,800italic,900,900italic
    Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Any chance you can link me to your site? I should be able to see where they’re coming from by looking at the code.

Marcel

OMG sorry about that Tom.

I can’t beleive I did not include the domain name.

mrobichaud.ca is where I am developing this currently. I will be moving it after.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, the second call doesn’t have an ID – it’s not coming from GeneratePress.

Have you tried disabling your other plugins one by one?

Marcel

Thanks for your answer Tom. Im going to try this again on a fresh install. Im thinking when I exported and imported my old wordpress that there is some funky stuff going on. I may be back with more questions. You can close this thread if you would like.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sounds good! I’ll be here if you need more help 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.