[Resolved] Getting rid of DIVI

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Getting rid of DIVI

Home Forums Support Getting rid of DIVI

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ch1800

Hi guys,

I really want to get forever rid of this terrible DIVI theme I once inherited for this very simple one page site of mine.

May I ask you what would you recommend using as site from the library and plugins (especially for the bio clickable dropdowns) in order to get the closest result?

Many thanks!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

I think you could get away with using Gutenberg for most of that page. You may need a slider plugin for the slider at the top.

For the dropdowns, this Gutenberg block plugin has an accordion block that should help: https://wordpress.org/plugins/coblocks/

ch1800

Thanks Tom, but I forgot to mention that I’m allergic to Gutenberg and ANY page builder…
    I never use such things and running Classic Editor everywhere.

No problem for the slider, my question was mainly about which site to choose from library and any plugin that could do something like the dropdown.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

we don’t currently have any one page sites – and when we do add them it will most probably be Gutenberg builds. It may be easier to start from scratch.

If not the Catalyst site uses GP Sections and Lightweight Grid Columns to create layouts you could adapt.

Can’t really advise on a good accordion plugin, most use jQuery and add a lot of unnecessary options. I would check out codepen and look for some vanilla JS options ( if you’re not using jQuery that is ).

ch1800

Thanks David, I was also thinking about Catalyst.

It doesn’t really need to be a real “one page” layout as I can achieve something similar with sections, that’s right.
    The existing site is really very simple and it mainly serves contact & CV purposes.
    I had it running that way since many years but the Divi thing starts running on my nerves, hence my question.

Thanks again and yes, I’ll check out your suggestions for the accordion.

Cheers!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.