[Resolved] GeneratePress and Post Grid conflict (Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg Blocks)

Home Forums Support [Resolved] GeneratePress and Post Grid conflict (Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg Blocks)

Home Forums Support GeneratePress and Post Grid conflict (Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg Blocks)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Steve

Using troubleshooting mode running only the plugin and GP, I seem to have narrowed a layout issue down to a conflict between GP and the Post Grid block from “Gutenberg Blocks – Ultimate Addons for Gutenberg” plugin.

Here I detailed the main issue here with vertical margin spacing.
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/post-grid-margin-spacing-not-working-anymore/#post-14991009

I have tried to narrow the issue using dev tools but have not found luck narrowing down the theme css style in conflict.

I use a child theme, so I tested with just vanilla GP in troubleshooting mode and the issue replicated. When I use a default theme it appears as expected.

Any insight here? I appreciate the assistance.

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Steve,

I’ve checked the site and I don’t see any selector conflicts between the theme and uabg.

And the post grid is actually using its own embedded CSS which is most likely generated by the plugin here – https://share.getcloudapp.com/p9uN5mbN

Can you share an image of what should be the expected result vs. what you’re currently seeing on your end?

Steve

Thanks for your help.

Here is expected/result – note the vertical spacing / bottom margin

View post on imgur.com

When I switch to twenty one theme it displays as expected, so that’s where I’ve been curious how it conflicts with GP.

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

I don’t see CSS conflicts with the theme either, not sure why it happens.

Give this CSS a try:

.uagb-post-grid .is-grid.uagb-post__equal-height .uagb-post__inner-wrap {
        box-sizing: border-box;
    }
    Steve

Whoa, nice find! That totally resolved it. I’ll continue to troubleshoot this with the uagb devs, thank you so much!

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

You are welcome 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.