[Resolved] Generateblocks WPML Compatibility

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Generateblocks WPML Compatibility

Home Forums Support Generateblocks WPML Compatibility

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Douglas

Hi team,

I’ve just been testing generateblocks, very nice product, thank you!

I was wondering if there is planned compatibility with WPML? I’m seeing problems with it. Currently I am able to translate strings but the page layout is wrong. If I try to edit the translated page directly with the page editor I get a lot of “This block contains unexpected or invalid content”.

I imagine users would gladly pay for a pro version that is fully wpml compatible!

regards

Douglas

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

This may be something WPML needs to look into on their end. There isn’t anything “special” about the blocks that other blocks don’t do, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to integrate the two if WPML works with other blocks.

I’m definitely open to working with them to ensure compatibility if needed ๐Ÿ™‚

Douglas

Thanks Tom,

Might have posted too soon; I think it 99% works now. For the “This block contains unexpected or invalid content” error I narrowed the problem down to any generateblocks where I used a custom SVG icon. Seems there was a problem with the SVG HTML, I had to add “xmlns=”http://www.w3.org/2000/svg” to the end of the svg tag.

Otherwise the WPML advanced translation worked fine, and I only had a few small extra steps to take. In my case, I had to manually edit the translated page in order to hide the page title and change one of my headline blocks to “set full width content”. No big deal!

I would really like to ditch elementor, I only use it for a few pages and forms anyways. So far looks like I can now use gutenberg + generateblocks as a replacement. Nice work! I really hope there will be a pro version of the plugin, so we can pay you guys for your work.

Douglas

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Thank you! Glad you’re enjoying it. We’re working on a pro version right now – hoping it will be out by June ๐Ÿ™‚

Really appreciate it!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.