[Support request] Generateblocks full-width container

Home Forums Support [Support request] Generateblocks full-width container

Home Forums Support Generateblocks full-width container

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Vera

Hi,
    I’ve just purchased GP Premium, and I am trying to build the HP that looks like the one I am having now on another theme.
    I would like to break the page with some full-width containers with a background color. In one I would just like to put a simple heading (H3), and in another one, I would like to put social icons.

When I try to add a container, if I specify “Set Full-Width Content” then all other elements on the page go full-width, and not only the container I am trying to get that way. On the other hand, if I disable that option, and just chose drop-down options: Container: Full-width, and Inner Container: Full-width/contained (anyone), the container goes to max-content width (1310 px), and not max screen width.

The site is locked as I work on it, but I am happy to send you print screens (if you tell me how, as this form doesn’t have that option).

Thanks for your help!
    vera

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Vera,

In GenerateBlocks 1.1.1 (available now in your Dashboard), you can set the align option to “Align Full”. You’ll find the option for this in the block toolbar of the Container block.

This will force the container to become full width.

If possible, we do suggest that a page with full-width containers start out as a full-width page. Then you can add contained Container blocks to the page when needed.

Let us know if you need more info 🙂

Vera

Hi Tom,
    thanks for your reply. I downloaded the new version, but I don’t see the align option. However, I have found solution that seems to be working. Maybe you can have a look. In Simple CSS, I added the following code:
    .gb-container.gb-container-XXXXXX {
    margin: 32px calc(50% – 50vw);
    max-width: 100vw;
    width: 100vw;
    }

It does the job at least on my screen. I was just wondering if you see any reason why I shouldn’t use this code and if in your opinion it will work on all screens.
    Thanks!
    vera

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

its in the Block Toolbar:

If you’re not seeing that option then make sure you’re up to the latest version and clear your browser caches.

Vera

Hi David,
    thanks for this! Now it works. However, for some reason, the container can’t stretch all the way to the left (it leaves some white space, while it perfectly stretches to the right side of the page). I am also quite sure this wasn’t the case the first time I have tried it. Do you have any idea what can be causing this problem? Thanks!
    vera

Vera

Hm, I found out what was causing it. I changed content padding right to 20 px instead of 40 px. I now put it back to 40 px and that solved it.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

That’s peculiar – we’ll have a play to see if we can replicate that issue.
    Thanks for letting us know. And glad to hear you got it resolved.

Vera

Thanks, David!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.