[Resolved] Generate Blocks CSS in Media Folder

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Generate Blocks CSS in Media Folder

Home Forums Support Generate Blocks CSS in Media Folder

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dana

Hey there GP support,

I’m curious if there should be .CSS files and a .HTML file in the media library if using one of the themes from the GP library. I had a few hiccups moving the site from localhost to live and lost a lot of my formatting.

Would these .CSS files have anything to do with the loss of formatting or should they be there? Output below.

./wp-content/uploads/generateblocks/style-4572.css
    ./wp-content/uploads/generateblocks/style-12.css
    ./wp-content/uploads/generateblocks/style-4731.css
    ./wp-content/uploads/generateblocks/style-4730.css
    ./wp-content/uploads/generateblocks/style-3539.css
    ./wp-content/uploads/generateblocks/style-3573.css

Thanks.

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Dana,

In GenerateBlocks > Settings, there are two printing methods:

1. External File
    2. Inline Embedding

Having it set to External File will mean the external files will be created for the CSS related to GenerateBlocks for each page/post. GenerateBlocks CSS is dynamic so it prints only the required CSS.

Now, with that said, these files you’ve mentioned are the External CSS files and they are indeed located in wp-content/uploads/generateblocks/. They should be there if you’ve set your printing method to External File.

You may also Regenerate the files in GenerateBlocks > Settings as such: https://share.getcloudapp.com/7KuQw9Ay

The External File for a page/post also gets updated/generated every time you update a page/post.

Do the GenerateBlocks Blocks still have the same styling they had in the Block Editor in the Localhost or the styling in the Block Editor is wrong as well?

Moreover, as mentioned, may you try regenerating the files in GenerateBlocks > Settings and if that doesn’t work, try inline embedding as well.

Kindly let us know how it goes. 🙂

Dana

Thanks for the response Fernando. The answer helped us troubleshoot and we figured out how to fix our issue. We wanted to make sure that the CSS files in the media folder were not accidentally moved there.

I’ll mark this as resolved.

Fernando
    Customer Support

You’re welcome Dana! Glad you were able to figure out the issue! Feel free to reach out anytime you’ll need assistance with anything else. 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.