[Resolved] Further to GP Hooks

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Further to GP Hooks

Home Forums Support Further to GP Hooks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lyle

Hi Tom,

Thought that I would ask here if that’s OK.

Further to this post from the GP Addon forum:

https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/hook-question/

You posted this as a PHP solution for an array of pages to exclude:

<?php if ( ! is_page( array( 'my-excluded-page-slug', 'another-page', 'one-more' ) ) ) : ?>
        <?php echo do_shortcode( '[your-shortcode]' ); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>

This works great with the GP Hooks πŸ™‚ However, how would one adjust this code to also exclude a post category named Blog? I tried a few things, even from Stack Overflow, but all I got were errors on those post pages πŸ™

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated and I promise to get some GP and GP Premium tutorials up ASAP πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Lyle

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Conditionals can get pretty complex when you start having multiple parameters.

You could try this:

<?php if ( ( ! is_page( array( 'my-excluded-page-slug', 'another-page', 'one-more' ) ) ) || ! is_category( 'blog' ) ) : ?>
        <?php echo do_shortcode( '[your-shortcode]' ); ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    Lyle

Hmm, once I updated with that code (using my values for pages and the blog category (as that is what it is named), the shortcode now displays everywhere πŸ™‚

I may just end up doing this scenario manually πŸ™‚

Basically, what I am trying to achieve is have a notice (created with Elementor and using the AnyWhere ELementor plugin shortcode to display it) displayed on all of the SV tutorial pages only and nowhere else. That is why I was thinking, OK, use the !page and list all the main menu items and then the !category so as not to appear on the posts in that category.

I could manually add that shortcode to each of those tutorial pages, but the hook method would make it “auto-magic” for all new tutorial pages … just me being lazy πŸ™‚

Jamal

Hi Lyle

Maybe its easier to target a specific category/ page than excluding everything else except that category/page?

You could put all the tutorials in a tutorial category and target that tutorial page/ and category?

Lyle

Hi Jamal,

Yes, that would probably work better but unfortunately all the tutorials are pages, not posts.

Jamal

Looking at your site i see /tutorials/tutorial-name, are you using Tom’s wpsp plugin? maybe its possible to target wpsp_id?

Sorry if that doesnt help either.

Lyle

Only using WPSP for the Tutorials page, the individual tutorial pages are just pages.

But it’s a moot point now … for the time being anyway … as I have just finished manually adding the shortcode to each of the required pages πŸ™‚

I’ll maybe revisit this later, but for now, I’ll mark it Resolved.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

If you need more help with that conditional in the future just let me know πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.