We are planning a major site redesign updating/adding/deleting a lot of content as well as the look & feel. I am looking for a suggestion on a good methodology for accomplishing this while using a test site for the redesign. I would like to do the following:
1) Back up the complete site & restore it to the test site
2) Make major changes to the site in the test location
3) Migrate the changes to the production site.
I have BackupBuddy which I plan to use for the initial duplication to the test site.
1) Should I follow the same methodology to migrate the test site to production once changes are complete?
2) Do I need to worry about the GeneratePress Activation code in any way?
3) Is this the best way to do this? Is there a better methodology for performing a major site redesign?