[Resolved] Footer Block Element Not Rendering Correctly

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Footer Block Element Not Rendering Correctly

Home Forums Support Footer Block Element Not Rendering Correctly

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David R

I’m building a Block Element to replace the footer. I have included nothing but two nested containers and an image within the inside container. I have styled the container backgrounds black. However, the container elements appear to have no styling output for them; they are missing background-color and other css properties, For example, minimum height does not get rendered either.

http://benedictus.wpengine.com/

David R

If I make a reusable block out of my footer and add it to a testing page, then the footer Block Element is styled correctly. Clearly, the code to output the styling for the Footer Block Element is not running when that block is output only in the footer.

This was supposed to be a problem only with other block plugins; GenerateBlocks is supposed to be fully compatible with GP Pro Elements.

Testing page to see what I mean: https://benedictus.wpengine.com/testing/

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

go to GenerateBlocks > Settings and switch the CSS Print Method to Inline. Let me know.

David R

Thankfully, yes, that did resolve it. However, will this be approached as a bug needing a fix, since being forced to use inline styles is not ideal? I would think that at the very least, GB could be set to use an external stylesheet and still generate the styles inline for Block Elements.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Is the external stylesheet working on other pages with non-Block Elements?

Many of our Site Library sites are using Block Elements with the external stylesheet with no issues.

Let me know 🙂

David R

Yes, the external stylesheet works on other pages with non-Block Elements?

I spun-up a test site at WPTaste and confirmed that the problem I was experiencing isn’t universal. Then, today, I cleared the WPEngine cache and retried using the external stylesheet; it worked. I obviously do not expect you guys to supply support that should come from WPE, but I’m wondering if the problem could be fully resolved by excluding a specific url from caching. Clearing cache after modifying a Block Element isn’t a major hassle, but is there a url or url-base that I could exclude from caching that would keep me from needing to clear the cache with each change?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Glad to hear it’s working now. This may be something you need to ask their support – I’m not sure if they have a way to automatically clear their cache once a custom post type is updated (I’m sure they do).

I don’t believe it would be URL-based, but they should have some sort of mechanism in place.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.