[Resolved] Featured image not showing on shop page

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Featured image not showing on shop page

Home Forums Support Featured image not showing on shop page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan

I’m new to woocommerce and these may be newbie questions. I can’t figure out why the featured image isn’t appearing in the header on my shop page. The site is http://www.lamppostsites.com/, and the shop page is “Our Books.”

Also, the individual product pages put the product image in the header. There is no option to put a featured image there, as I would like. Barring that, I would disable the header, but when I do that through “disable elements” it has no effect. Thanks for any insights.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The shop page doesn’t have featured image capability I don’t believe. You’ll likely need to create a new Header Element for the shop specifically and set a custom image. Alternatively we can use a filter to manually set the image if you want to keep the same Header Element.

Are you wanting to just remove the image on single products so it looks like it currently does on the shop page?

Let me know 🙂

Jonathan

Thanks for the response! I do want to use the same Header Element, but I’ve never used a filter before. Since I’ve created Header Elements, perhaps it would easier to go that route. I’ll just have to figure out how to assign it to the shop page.

For the single products I had intended to keep a header similar to the rest of the site, but perhaps I’ll reconsider. In any case, I would not want it like the current shop page. If I don’t use a picture, I would rather the header not be so high.

Thanks again.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Creating a separate Header Element for the shop page might be the best way.

You’ll need to:

1. Exclude the shop page from the current Header Element. There’s an “Exclusions” area in the Display Rules.

2. Create a new Header Element and then set it to the Product Archives in the Display Rules.

3. Where would the background image come from for your single products exactly?

Jonathan

Thanks, I’ll work on this now.

I wouldn’t mind having the same header for all the single products. Can I create a new Header Element to do that? What would I designate in the Display Rules?

I rather like the current effect on the single products, but I would have to create high resolution book covers for all 30-plus books, and some of them are white so the white menu items get lost. It would be easier to go another route.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

for the Single Product you would use the Product display rule. As with the shop you would need to exclude this from your original header element.

To get over the issue with the menu overlay you can edit the Header and Navigation colors within the individual Header Element from the Site Header tab.

Jonathan

Great to know. Thanks!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad we could be of help.

Jonathan

All worked great!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Great to hear that

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.