[Support request] Fatal Error – GP Memory Leak/Utilising Large Amounts of Memory

Home Forums Support [Support request] Fatal Error – GP Memory Leak/Utilising Large Amounts of Memory

Home Forums Support Fatal Error – GP Memory Leak/Utilising Large Amounts of Memory

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Sorry i should have asked you to try switching themes first, i assumed ( silly me ) that Kinsta would have tested this.
    The fact that you still get the error when using a core Twenty Something theme shows the issue isn’t GP related.

So to cover, in reply to Kinsta:

Would it be possible to contact the developers and check if there are any specific requirements for the memory and if it’s possible to run the theme on 256M?

Theres no special requirements. And 256M is more than sufficient for GP.

What you may find is that with Woo and the other plugins, the additional customizer options just tip the system over the edge. And a little more memory may be required.

To minimize GP from adding additional load in the Customizer, you can disable any unused modules in Appearance > GeneratePress.

You can also temporarily disable other plugins to see if others are using significant memory.

I would also go back to Kinsta and ask them to take a deeper look, considering it seems they didn’t try the theme swap test.

Colin

Apologies, I should have removed all plugins before testing.

Switched to Twenty-Twenty-Two theme
    No Critical Errors (site does not crash) when routing through the various Appearance Theme options.
    All plugins disabled

Now to reactive GP

1. Change the theme to – Generate Press – No issues, warnings or fatal errors.

2. Activate GP Premium plugin – Does not give the fatal error in Appearance > Customise which loads. However, the site does now give the following error:

Deprecated: stripos(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($haystack) of type string is deprecated in /www/airacom_469/public/wp-includes/functions.wp-styles.php on line 90

3. Activate GenerateBlocks plugin – You can access Appearance > Customise which loads, however, the following error appears:

Deprecated: rtrim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /www/airacom_469/public/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 2772

4. Activate GenerateBlocks Pro – Same as above with (3), with the following errors:

Deprecated: rtrim(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /www/airacom_469/public/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 2772

Deprecated: parse_str(): Passing null to parameter #1 ($string) of type string is deprecated in /www/airacom_469/public/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce/src/Admin/PageController.php on line 128

5. Activate Woocommerce

Now when you go to Appearance > Customise, the fatal error happens
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 192512 bytes) in /www/airacom_469/public/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 2135
    There has been a critical error on this website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions.

So, currently active is only four plugins and the GP theme:
    – Generate Press Theme
    – Generate Blocks Plugin
    – Generate Blocks Pro Plugin
    – Generate Press Premium Plugin
    – Woocommerce, whenever this is activated fatal errors appear.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Does the site crash if you have Twenty-Twenty-Two theme installed and Woocommerce enabled ?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.