[Resolved] Fatal Error

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Fatal Error

Home Forums Support Fatal Error

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alice

Hi.
    I’ve tried wordpress forum, tried host, and now I’m here.

In simple lingo I would really appreciate some support.

Fatal Error re plugin (events plugin), so I disable. Then fatal Error for Jetpack, disable, still fatal error….

All of this after I updated to latest wordpress. What is your best advice? I will go premium, I will follow a list of instructions, I will do whatever is needed to get out of this maze.

http://www.ursulaholdengill.com

I’ve asked a wordpress boffin but they are not available for work for several weeks.

Alice

ps last fatal error
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function register_setting() in /websites/123reg/LinuxPackage21/ur/su/la/ursulaholdengill.com/public_html/wp-content/plugins/generate-spacing/inc/verification.php on line 107

resolution needs to be deep, not for one plugin as it seems to shift from one to the next.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hmm, register_setting() is a core WordPress function that was added in WP 2.7.

It sounds like you might need to re-install WordPress.

If you can, go to “Dashboard > Updates” and click the re-install button.

If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to download a fresh copy and upload it to the site via FTP. You can ignore the wp-content folder when uploading the fresh version.

Alice

Yes, you are spot on.

I was having an issue with ftp (which added to my ‘not knowing’). I thought I had reinstalled wordpress, but perhaps the second attempt failed too. All resolved.

Thank you for your time (I can sleep soundly for the first night in a week!)

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Great to hear 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.