[Resolved] Exclude taxonomys in Dispatch-Theme

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Exclude taxonomys in Dispatch-Theme

Home Forums Support Exclude taxonomys in Dispatch-Theme

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Stephan

Hi i´m using GP Premium with the dispatch-theme.

Under the featured-posts-area i´ve got a second post-area. I would like to prevent to show the same posts here as in the featured area above.

is it possible to exclude some taxonomys in my second post-area?

A second question:

My media library contains thousands of pictures with different aspect ratio… Using two columns in my second post-area leads to greyed areas in the thumbnails… for example if a 4:3 jpg appears next to a 16:9 jpg… is there a way to zoom/center the smaller/bigger picture to avoid these ugly grey areas?

Thanks

Stephan

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the only way of excluding a taxonomy is by deselecting it from the list of terms. There is no display all but exclude ‘this term’. You can set the Offset in the Settings tab. So for example if the first (grid) list and second list were set to just display all recent posts. In the second list you can set the Offset to 5, this will then exclude those shown in the top list.

Its one downfall of using flex to create the rows/columns as they will size themselves to the largest element in the row. We can target that specific list by its ID and scale up the Image container to get around that, it does mean less of the image will be show. Here is the CSS for that:

#wpsp-1471 .wp-show-posts-image.wpsp-image-center {
        transform: scale(1.3);
    }
    Stephan

Thank you David!

Do i have to insert the code in the “additional css”-section? If yes, at the end?

and do i have to change the adjust / adapt the code f.e. the 1471?

Sorry, i´m a CSS-rookie

Cheers

Stephan

PS: to see what i mean just visit https://xn--hgelhelden-9db.de/ and look at the part starting with “Die neusten Artikel”

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yes the code should go in Additional CSS and best to place it at the very end of the code.

Each List has a unique ID so you would need to target that one as well it is wpsp-65103. We can target both lists with a single piece of code like so:

#wpsp-65103 .wp-show-posts-image.wpsp-image-center, #wpsp-1471 .wp-show-posts-image.wpsp-image-center {
        transform: scale(1.3);
    }
    Stephan

Great, that’s it . Thanks a lot!! 🙂

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.