[Support request] Essential grid not working

Home Forums Support [Support request] Essential grid not working

Home Forums Support Essential grid not working

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    James

Hi guys, I purchased your great lightweight theme and have it up and running but I am having lots of trouble displaying a gallery grid using essential grid. I have used it for a few years with Headway with no problems. Have tried deactivating all other plugins and even went as far as creating another local site with no other plugins installed but it still wouldn’t display the grid. The images show on the grid builder but the shortcode will not populate the page. Nearly ready to tear my hair out. I have tried the grid builders that come with WP bakery and they show posts but not pages.
    Any help would be much appreciated.
    Regards
    James Crawford

James

Ps. The Gallery page is the one I am trying to get a grid of page-featured-images (linking to the actual page), working on. The grid on the front page and the other posts is the one that comes with wp bakery.
    Cheers
    James

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi James,

It looks like WP-Rocket is interfering with the script. Can you disable that and clear your caches. Let me know

James

Thanks for your reply David, I actually dont have wp-rocket installed, I tried using essential grid on a fresh install of generatepress with no other plugins installed and it still would not populate the page with the grid. It is so weird. I am no expert by the way, just trying to find a solution by ruling out as many thins as possible.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The error showing in the console is this:

TypeError: undefined is not a function (near '...jQuery("#esg-grid-1-1").tpessential...')

This has shown up on Essential Grids support forum, but the fixes were done on private ticket. Might be worth raising a support request with them.

In the meantime, can you try #1 here

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/debugging-tips/

James

Thanks David

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hope they can help, don’t like sending people away but it seems the error has come up before. Let us know.

James

Will do

James

Well you were right David, we use CloudFlare for our site and it uses wp-rocket to speed up the load times. I disabled it and now all is good.
    Thanks heaps fpr steering me in the right direction.
    Cheers James

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Thats great. Cache plugins can be a nightmare – glad we could help

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.