[Resolved] Entry meta padding using Service site template

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Entry meta padding using Service site template

Home Forums Support Entry meta padding using Service site template

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Rachel

Hi,
    I have used the service site template for a new site and have an issue with the padding for the notice entry meta class and hooks added in the inside_site_container hook position.

As they sit outside the Generateblocks container for the article, they are not in line with the content and on mobile they are sitting right to the left and right edges.

Can you advise how I can position them to be inline with the content?

Thanks,
    Rachel

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

try the before_content hook this will place it within the content container.

But what is the need for the Container Block around your Post Content ? For default layouts i would not wrap the content in a block as it just adds more padding.

I suggest that you remove the container block. You can shift click to select all of the inner blocks and from the toolbar menu select > Group – then you can simply drag the group out of the container and then ungroup them ๐Ÿ™‚

Rachel

Hi David,
    Oh, I see – I can’t seem to shift click multiple blocks when they are sitting in a container…

Can I copy from the code editor and paste it back into the article outside of the container, or is all the code going to be sitting within the container?

Thanks,
    Rachel

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you switch to the Code editor you can simply delete the opening container HTML which will look something like this:

<!-- wp:generateblocks/container {"uniqueId":"d75e4786"} -->
    <div class="gb-container gb-container-d75e4786"><div class="gb-inside-container">

and the closing DIV markup – looking something like this:

</div></div>
    <!-- /wp:generateblocks/container -->
    Rachel

Thanks David – the shift click worked today and I was able to group and ungroup the content.

Thanks for your help – much appreciated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Yeah i must say the Gutenberg UI its a bit hit and miss – but its getting better ๐Ÿ™‚
    Glad to be of help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.