[Support request] Empty cart page template

Home Forums Support [Support request] Empty cart page template

Home Forums Support Empty cart page template

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by David.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Krzysztof

Hello, is there some sort of template I can use on empty cart? Default one when it is emptied is just as it is, I wanted to add something without too much coding.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

you could do this:

1. Add this PHP Snippet to remove the Cart is Empty message:

remove_action( 'woocommerce_cart_is_empty', 'wc_empty_cart_message', 10 );

2. Then you can add your own content by using a Hook Element:

https://docs.generatepress.com/article/hooks-element-overview/

2.1 Add you content to the text area.
    2.2 From the Hook List select Custom Hook and add this to field provided woocommerce_cart_is_empty
    2.3 If you added PHP or Shortcodes to your hook content then check those boxes.
    2.4 Set your Display Rules to Page > Cart

Krzysztof

Hey David, thanks for reply. It almost works.
    I put my code into Elements area, and here is a fun part. When I remove last product from the cart – when I am at cart page, it just leaves it blank, but if I do reload (F5), it loads what I wanted to put there just fine…
    Okay, I figured that this snippet is not required, but, if I don’t reload, it actually ignores CSS from Elementor (I made a template in it, and put shortcode to it in this element)

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you’re using Elementor to create the Cart page you will need to ask their support for help. Sorry but its out of our scope and i don’t know what the solution would be.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.