[Resolved] elements overlapping on each other.

Home Forums Support [Resolved] elements overlapping on each other.

Home Forums Support elements overlapping on each other.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Swadhin

Hi,
    I have two elements added in the “After content” hook. One has priority 10 other 20. Still both are overlapping on each other. See it here- http://cloud.wpfy.org/3ad81d

Another thing is I have added the sub box via HTML. How ever it’s width is smaller than author box. Which I can’t remember specifying in css- You can view HTML and CSS of sub box here-

css & html

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

The overlapping is happening because one of the elements has the modal class, which is set to position: absolute elsewhere.

You should be able to fix it by removing that modal class from that specific element.

I think this will fix the second issue as well.

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Swadhin

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply!

I have updated the modal class to something different & updated the html and css accordingly. However this didn’t fix the issue.
    Here is the updated css and html I am using – css & html

Upon digging I found that position: absolute is being added by the social sharing plugin I am using. ie- Easy Social Share Buttons for WordPress

Is there an easy fix for it? Otherwise I ask plugin developer to fix it.

This didn’t fix the second issue as well.

Thanks

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Here’s what I’m seeing now: https://www.screencast.com/t/a4P1ZKqZ

It looks like the overlapping isn’t happening anymore?

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Swadhin

I solved it manually.

Did you get chance to look into the 2nd one?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Sub Box is actually the correct size, it is fitting within the max-width you have specified for the content.

Whereas the author box is larger then it should be due to the 3% padding added to the author-box container. To reduce the author-box to the same size you would give it the box-sizing: border-box; property.

Making the Sub Box bigger would mean making some adjusts to the HTML and CSS.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.