Elementor Page Builder

Home Forums Support Elementor Page Builder

Home Forums Support Elementor Page Builder

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    mc208

There’s a new page builder http://elementor.com/ that I’m considering using for some sites. Do you know if there’s any issues of compatibility with it and GP? I’m fooling around with it on DesktopServer https://serverpress.com/ and ran into some bugs but I don’t know if they are due to DesktopServer, or the page builder’s interaction with GP…..

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I played around with it for a bit when it was first released and didn’t notice any issues.

Any specifics on the problems you’re having?

mc208

Well, for example, I was making a section with a background video and while editing the settings, it disappears from the page. I have to exit the page builder, then come back into it for it to appear again. Wanted to get your spin on it before I decide to use it or not…

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting, can you get the same thing to happen when using a default Twenty-x theme? It might be an issue with the plugin/browser you’re using.

I can’t think of anything in GP that would cause something like that to happen.

It looks like a promising plugin, but it’s still super new 🙂

mc208

I didn’t even think of trying that but I just did and the same thing happens, so it’s not GP causing it. Now I wonder if it’s this desktopserver software causing it.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Worth trying on a live server or another development server like xampp/wamp.

mc208

Reason I tried that desktopserver thing is because I have an old godaddy hosting account, but it doesn’t have php 5.4, it has 5.3 and I need to upgrade to some other plan to get 5.4+ which is the min. requirement for Elementor.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I’m personally using 7.0 – old versions of PHP are bad for a lot of reasons, mostly security.

mc208

I’ve been playing around with Elementor and really like it. Question is – how can I make GP so that when I select full width for section in elementor, that it makes the section actually span the full width of the browser window?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I would set the sidebar layout to no sidebars, then add this CSS:

.no-sidebar.elementor-page .container.grid-container {
        max-width: 100%;
    }
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.