[Support request] Double tap issue

Home Forums Support [Support request] Double tap issue

Home Forums Support Double tap issue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Marc-Antoine

Hi 🙂

I have an issue on iOS with Google Chrome.

On most of my websites with GP, I have to click twice on a link to open it.

Important : it only happened after scrolling down on the page.

Maybe you can reproduce the issue with the links in private information : If you are on iOS with Google Chrome, scroll and try to click on the link “Quiz Football #2” or “mentions légales” at the end of the page.

I did several things :

– disable all my plugin one by one on. Nothing happend except for 1 site : works well after disabling GP Premium. For others sites I still have the issue when GP Premium is disabled.
    – on all my websites with this issue, it works well if I disable GP Theme and activate (for example) Twenty Twenty Two.
    – the issue persists even if I disable my cache/optimization plugin like WP Rocket or LiteSpeed Cache

Do you have any idea to solve this ?
    Thanks a lot 🙂

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Do you get this issue in any of our default site library templates?

For examples:
    https://gpsites.co/crypto/
    https://gpsites.co/freelance/

Marc-Antoine

Hi

I got the issue on websites with :

– Marketer
    – Split
    – Broadcast

I also use Charge and Artic with other websites but seems working well

I just tried this on the second link in private information :

– Export “all” my customizer settings.
    – unstall Marketer : and the issue is solved.

Then, if I import my previous settings, the issue is back. I have to click on the red button Reset in GP settings to solve it again

Ying
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi Marc,

I don’t seem to have any issue with Marketer/Split/Broadcast.

I tried your first link on Safari and the issue didn’t occur.

Then I tested on Chrome, the links are very hard to click.

I think it might be a browser issue as Google doesn’t like small text with hard to click links.

Can you try add this CSS to your first link to test:

.copyright-bar a {
        padding: 20px;
        font-size: 25px;
    }
    .copyright-bar {
        display: flex;
        flex-direction: column;
    }
    Marc-Antoine

Hi

I tried this CSS but it didn’t work. I also have the issue for links in content, not only in copyright bar.

Specifically, it works well for links at the beginning of the page (the links displayed on the smartphone screen without scrolling), but I have the issue for all links displayed after scrolling…

Still for the second link in private information :

– I tried to re-install Marketer (not only import my previous customizer settings) and the issue came back.

– So I tried to install Charge, all the links are working well after scrolling.

The strange thing is I have other websites with Marketer or Broadcast and everything works fine…

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Marc-Antoine,

I also tested Marketer on my test website and couldn’t replicate the issue: https://share.getcloudapp.com/YEuBxGXA

Perhaps this is also an issue with how your sites are being optimized? See this thread wherein WP Rocket was causing the issue: https://generatepress.com/forums/topic/click-twice-on-mobile-links/#post-1589954

Can you try clearing your cache before disabling WP Rocket and LiteSpeed Cache together?

Hope this helps! 🙂

Marc-Antoine

Hi !

I tried to clear cache before but unfortunately it didn’t work

I Aldo have this issue with a Website with WP Fatest Cache

Even if I by-pass WP Rocket caching and Optimisations with ?nowprocket in the URL it Still doesn’t work.

I do not understand because all was working fine few Days ago :/

I never turn on « Delay JavaScript Exécution » with WP Rocket because it cause the same issue with Safari on iOS, but it shouldn’t on Google Chrome.

Just see I’m able to reproduce the issue here : http://gpsites.co/broadcast/ with my iPad and Google Chrome (but works fine on m’y iPhone with Chrome… really strange)

Maybe a vidéo of the issue could help ?

Marc-Antoine

I can experiment this issue on a lot of sites that are not mine and running with Generate Thème

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Just see I’m able to reproduce the issue here : http://gpsites.co/broadcast/ with my iPad and Google Chrome (but works fine on m’y iPhone with Chrome… really strange)

I cannot replicate this on Chrome iOS and i tested your 2 sites and there was no issue either.
    And if you experiencing a lot of these issues only on the Chrome browser then it could be related to:

a) Browser Extensions – disable extensions or use an incognito browser
    b) Browser cache – Chrome can be a nightmare for caching, and you may need to clear cookies and localstorage as well as the cache, and the best way is to shut down the app and restart the phone.
    c) Router / ISP Cache – routes and ISP uses caches, which means you may disable WP Rocket or WP Fastest cache, but the ISP or Router has cached those old files. To eliminate this test the site on a different network.

Marc-Antoine

I

I tried all of your advices but I still have the issue

Also tried ton install Google Chrome on an other iPad, I have te issue at my first visit on the different websites as you can see in the video (sorry for the quality) :

As you can see, I have the issue only after scrolling. If I reset Gp it works. Then I re-install Marketer and stop working. Then I reset GP and it works again.

I do not have cache plugin on the this website

I have 3 ios devices at home and the same issue on all. Even if I’m connected in wifi, 4G, VPN…

Maybe an issue with Chrome in France ? Because I can reproduce it on a lot of websites with GeneratePress even if I have never visited them before

On my own websites I can solve the issue by changing the WordPress Thème for an other, Even if WP Rocket is on

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

The video is set to Private – can you unlock that so i can see to try and replicate ?

Marc-Antoine

argh sorry, you should be able to watch it now

Hope it will help

Fernando
    Customer Support

Hi Marc-Antoine,

Thank you, we can watch the video now.

Can you provide a link to one site you tested as well and we’ll see if we can replicate the issue from our end as well?

You may use the private information field for this: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-the-premium-support-forum/#private-information

Hope to hear from you soon! 🙂

Marc-Antoine

Hi

Sure I added à Link to the website from the vidéo in private field with this message

You can try with the « Double Tap » Link i’ve added on the page for the video

Let me know if you can replicate the issue like me in the video

If necessary I can provide you an admin access to this Website, as you can see in the vidéo I can solve the issue by resetting customizer settings in GP settings

Thanks

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you ask a friend to check if they have the same issue ?

As i have checked 5 iOS devices all running latest versions oF iOS and Chrome and they all work correctly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.