[Support request] Display issue on certain pages on Chrome after update

Home Forums Support [Support request] Display issue on certain pages on Chrome after update

Home Forums Support Display issue on certain pages on Chrome after update

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    scott

ok

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you confirm that the issue only exists for logout users?

I don’t see the issue once I’m logged in.

I really think there is some sort of weird caching issue going on as I’m still seeing the Skip to Content link when using browser incognito mode.

Are you able to check with your hosting support to see if there are any built-in cache that we aren’t aware of?

Super strange issue for sure.

scott

Correct, it does not occur when I’m logged in. I don’t have any kind of caching set up with the host. I also cleared the WordPress cache folder.

Have you checked the behavior on mobile? I just noticed that the top Menu bar does not open on any page on the website on Android/Chrome. So maybe this is a bigger issue than just the two posts.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Have you checked the behavior on mobile? I just noticed that the top Menu bar does not open on any page on the website on Android/Chrome. So maybe this is a bigger issue than just the two posts.

That’s because there are a bunch of console errors as I mentioned before which aren’t coming from the theme itself:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/2JoqZLb9XN

And looks like the source is all cached so I can’t tell where there are coming from but I do know that we don’t add any GoogleToken related function.

Also when I use the incognito mode, I’m seeing something related to AMP which can also cause some issues:
    https://www.screencast.com/t/andRiywRWbX

The theme itself doesn’t have any AMP related options built-in.

Any chance you’ve checked with your hosting support to see if they can help to identify the issue?

scott

Yes, the host says it is not related to anything on their end. It could be related to Ezoic ads, which started running on the site recently.

Although, when I restore the database of my site from 2 weeks ago, before the GeneratePress update, the Ezoic ads continue to display fine, and the current display errors on the site do not exist.

Thanks for your efforts so far. I will check in with Ezoic again to see if I can get further feedback and go from there.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

So how are Ezoic ads added?

Can you try disabling it to test?

scott

I tried disabling the ads to test, but it was taking too long and I couldn’t keep my site in this state any longer. I have restored the backup from a couple weeks ago (GeneratePress version 3.0.1), and now everything is working fine.

I will refrain from updating GeneratePress to 3.0.2. This is not ideal, but it will have to do for now. Hopefully future GeneratePress updates will not result in these same errors. Thanks for spending time looking into this.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The changes from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2 is super minor so I really don’t think that’s the reason:
    https://generatepress.com/generatepress-3-0-2/

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.