[Support request] Display issue on certain pages on Chrome after update

Home Forums Support [Support request] Display issue on certain pages on Chrome after update

Home Forums Support Display issue on certain pages on Chrome after update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    scott

Hello, the latest Generatepress update has caused display issues on 2 posts (and only those two) on my site on Chrome desktop browser only. As you scroll down the page, the top menu bar covers almost the entire screen.

I just restored a database from before the Generatepress update, and the issue was not happening. As soon as I updated again, the display issue returned.

Any ideas on how to resolve?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

That’s super strange. If it’s a theme issue then it should happen on every post and not just those 2.

We haven’t had this issue reported elsewhere either.

Any chance you can try disable all plugins to eliminate any conflicts from elsewhere?

Thanks 🙂

scott

When deactivating all plugins, I still see the issue, although it’s not as bad. The menu bar now covers most of the screen like it did before, but when I scroll down the page, it goes away.

scott

And then when I activate GP Premium again, the issue returns, and the menu bar covers the screen even when scrolling down.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

does the issue still occur if you open the post in Chrome Incognito ?

scott

Yes it does occur in incognito.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you disable all plugins and let us have a look?

Looks like there is still some sort of caching going on which I think it’s the issue so make sure you clear and disable the caching plugin last.

scott

Ok, all plugins have been deactivated. Let me know if I need to change any settings on Cloudflare.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

The Skip to content link should not be showing if all caching is disabled.

Can you try to disable all Cloudflare cache or anything related?

scott

Ok Cloudflare is off, all plugins are off.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Weird. I’m still not able to view the source code and seeing lots of console errors.

Have you added anything in the Elements module?

What happens if you temporarily disable the module?

Make sure to activate the parent theme to test as well if you are using a child theme.

scott

The GP Premium plugin is deactivated. Is there something more I’d have to do to disable the elements module?

I’m not entirely sure what you mean by the elements module. But in WordPress, there’s nothing showing in Elements except for a google analytics hook. The only CSS code added to all posts is changing the caption font size.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Is Cloudflare back on again?

I’m seeing the skip to content link again.

scott

No, Cloudflare is off. All plugins are off.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you keep it like this and send me the dashboard login to take a look?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.