[Support request] Dispatch : problem with category

Home Forums Support [Support request] Dispatch : problem with category

Home Forums Support Dispatch : problem with category

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Nicolas

Hello, I have a problem with the dispatch model. In the WP Show posts list, when you choose the display of a category, the category list displays only a small part of the available categories. There are many missing. How to solve this problem ? Thank you for your help

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

do all those Categories have Posts assigned to them ? If there are no posts in category then those options will not be displayed.

Nicolas

Thank you very much

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Nicolas

Hi,
    There is a large empty space on the home page between “Simple” and copyright. How can I reduce it?
    Thank you for your help

Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi,
    There is a large empty space on the home page between “Simple” and copyright. How can I reduce it?
    Thank you for your help

Can you link us to the site/page in question? So we can inspect which specifically is causing the empty space. 🙂

You can use the private information text field to provide the details. 😀

Nicolas
    Elvin
    Staff
    Customer Support

Did you mean this space highlighted on this screenshot? – https://share.getcloudapp.com/6qurBgwv

If so, that’s caused by multiple things.

It’s a combination of the content’s padding set on Appearance > Customize > Layout > Container with padding set to 60px and margin set by the Separating Space. It’s these 2 options I’ve labeled – https://share.getcloudapp.com/6qurBgop

You can set the padding bottom to 0, you then set the margin-bottom by custom CSS.

Try this one:

main#main,
    div#right-sidebar .inside-right-sidebar  {
        margin-bottom: 0;
    }

This combination of settings should reduce the spacing you see.

Nicolas

OK, thank you .
    I still have two issues to resolve. I cannot display the secondary navigation menu. I can’t seem to align the “Standard” images on the home page with the “Sidebar” images

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Can you provide a login so we can get past the maintenance mode. You can share those details in the Private Information field.

Nicolas

Thanks for your answer.
    Yes please find this information in the private information.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

1. For the Secondary Navigation.
    The Dispatch site uses a Hook Element to ‘insert’ the secondary navigation.
    Go to Appearance > Elemenents and quick edit the Secondary Navigiation element and set its Status to Draft. Or you can delete it.
    Then in Customizer > Layout > Secondary Navigation set your Location to where you want the nav to be displayed eg. Above Header.

2. To align the posts with the sidebar – try adding this CSS:

#wpsp-1275 {
        margin-top: -1.5em;
    }
    Nicolas

OK thanks for your answer.
    I managed to activate the menu by following your instructions but I cannot position it as on the template at the bottom of the header articles.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Oh – so you want it displayed below header element on ALL posts ? – if so did you disable or Delete the element ?

Nicolas

I would like this menu to be placed exactly as in the dispatch template on your website
    https://generatepress.com/site-library/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.