[Resolved] Different sidebar widget menus for different pages based on parent?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Different sidebar widget menus for different pages based on parent?

Home Forums Support Different sidebar widget menus for different pages based on parent?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vera

I finally decided to give up of having a different header banner for different sections (based on parent), but now my client wants the sidebar in each section to contain a page menu for the entire section (not all pages but the most important ones). It’s how his non-mobile-friendly site was set up and he liked that.

For example, if I have a CONTACT section, a GALLERY, and an STORE section, I would have the same menu list of contact relevant menu items in the sidebar of all the pages in my contact section, a menu of gallery menu items on all gallery pages, and menu of products and cart commands in all the about page sidebars.

Is there a way to do this with GP? I had a plugin at one time that allowed me to put several menu widgets in a sidebar but only displayed certain ones depending on certain page conditions being met. Unfortunately I have lost track of the plugin. It may have become incompatible.

The web site in the URL field is the current site with section menus (not WordPress). Add HOME (all caps) after the URL for the update that’s still in progress.

Walter Schwarz

Hi,

maybe it was “Content Aware Sidebars” I use?

I guess I did what you want. Please see “drwjs.com”. There I have the headline banner you mentioned.

Good luck!
    Walter

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Yup Content Aware Sidebars is what we recommend usually:
    https://en-ca.wordpress.org/plugins/content-aware-sidebars/

Vera

Thank you Walter & Leo…

That isn’t the plugin I had but it looks like a good one. It has more options. I will give it a go!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.