[Resolved] Customizing Posts Page with an Elementor template

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Customizing Posts Page with an Elementor template

Home Forums Support Customizing Posts Page with an Elementor template

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    eduard sans

Good morning, right now I have customized via elementor the posts page but when I link to it in the reading settings, it changes the whole layout to what i think must be a Generatepress default. How can I link to it in the reading settings without changing the layout?

I enclose the link to what it looks like right now with elementor.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Elementor cannot be used on index pages (blog, archive) which is why you are unable to get it work.

Hope this helps.

eduard sans

I see… would it be a problem if I leave it blank on the reading settings and link to this blog page manually through the website so I can use the elementor layout? Would it affect in any way SEO-wise?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No, that shouldn’t matter when it comes to SEO ๐Ÿ™‚

eduard sans

Thanks Tom!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! ๐Ÿ™‚

Alo

I’m sorry for reviving an older thread, but since I have the exact same issue and things seem to have changed on Elementor’s side, I thought I’d ask again here.

Elementor now lets me design a Posts Archive page (this should be the Blog index by default). I created a new page, set it as the Posts Page in Reading Settings, and created a new Archive template to display Posts Archive. It works, and the template’s design comes over, however so does the default GP navbar.

Every other page is fine.

Do I need to use separate CSS to hide the navbar in the archive pages, or am i missing something?

Cheers,

Alo

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

How have you added Navigation to the rest of the site?

Alo

With Elementor Header Template. By now I’ve seen that I missed the Navigation position option in the Customizer, so that removed the GP Navbar. Although now I have about 100 px empty vertical space with #masthead between top of screen and the custom Header.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

If you can share a link i can have a look. Although it may be as simple as removing the padding from the Customiser > Layout > Header.

Alo

Sure

http://www.deckmarinesystems.com/blog

I can successfully use some CSS to remove the gap, just would be nice to not use extra code where possible.

Also, seems more and more a hassle, now I also see that the custom font on the menu isn’t loading up on the blog page (everything is fine everywhere else.

Are there any cons to just building the blog index page as a regular page and using posts widgets and just not setting a posts page in the Reader Settings?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hmmm… it’s a bit of a hashed approach from Elementor for replacing templates, their conditionals don’t seem to work properly for archive pages. Have you removed the padding from the header? If you have then CSS will have to be the route. But in theory their header template should swap out GP’s altogether.

Can see a Autoptimized jQuery issue in the console, not sure if this will be blocking the Elementor fonts from loading.

Why not build the Nav in GP? It can be replicated with just few lines of CSS. You also get the benefit of a proper sticky navigation.

Not a problem to use a regular page for the blog posts.

Alo

Okay, yeah I thought E might have this (archive pages design) in the bag by now. Now I know that isn’t the case then. I did, and removed the CSS before giving you the link, just so you’d see the situation. But a simple .inside-header{display:none;] will fix that issue.

On building the nac in GP: I don’t know actually, I guess building it with E seems to give more granular control over how it appears, without writing too much code myself (i know my way around to hack things if need be, but prefer not to :P). At the moment since everything is working fine on all the regular pages I think I’ll leave it as it is and design the blog index page as a regular. I will keep it in mind to give the GP nav another chance on the next site then though.

Autoptimized jQuery issue? I see something with gtag manager but nothing related to Autoptimize. Hmmm…

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

OK error gone after hard refresh (odd lol). Can see the font being called for buts it falling back to Sans-serif. Would look at rebuilding CSS and flushing caches.

Alo

Thanks a lot, David! I’ll look into those.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.