[Resolved] Custom Logo Link

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Custom Logo Link

Home Forums Support Custom Logo Link

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    elsa

Hi,
    I want to have different link for each different logo in the header. So I use following in child theme functions.php

// LOGO LINK

add_filter( ‘generate_logo_href’,’generate_add_custom_logo_href’ );
    function generate_add_custom_logo_href()
    {
    if ((is_woocommerce() && is_product_category(kids)) ||
    (is_product_category( array( ‘kids’, ‘kids – bath’, ‘kids – toilet’, ‘kids – bedding’, ‘Baby Bedding’, ‘Baby Blanket’, ‘Infant Pillow’, ‘Kids Bedding’, ‘Kids Blanket’, ‘Kids – Decor’, ‘Kids – Canopies’, ‘Kids – Decorative Accents’, ‘Kids – Bank’, ‘Kids – Cushions & Pillows’, ‘Kids – Plates & Utensils’, ‘Kids – Plates’, ‘Kids – Wall Art’, ‘Kids – Canvas Wall Art’, ‘Kids – Wall Decals’, ‘Kids – Decor’, ‘Kids – Wall Decor’, ‘Growth Charts’, ‘Kids – Mirrors’, ‘Kids – Wall Hangings’, ‘Kids – Furniture’, ‘Playroom’, ‘Infant Chairs’, ‘Pools & Pits’, ‘Kids – Lighting’, ‘Kids – Floor Lamps’, ‘Kids – Night Lights’, ‘Kids – Rugs & Windows’, ‘Kids – Rugs’, ‘Boys’ Rugs’, ‘Girls’ Rugs’, ‘Nursery Rugs’, ‘Kids – Storage’, ‘Kids – Bins & Baskets’, ‘Kids – Shelves’, ‘Safety’, ‘Corner Protectors’, ‘Door Stoppers’, ‘Edge Protectors’, ‘Safety Locks’, ‘Toys & Gifts’ ) )))
    return ‘http://myweb.com/kids’;
    }

But it redirects to the same page I currently open. What is wrong?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

Likely it’s because the conditional statement is wrong.

What are you trying to achieve?

Perhaps we can exclude certain pages instead?

elsa

Hi Leo,
    I want to have different link for each header. My website consists of 2 big topics: adult & kid. Every topic has its own header, every header has its own logo. So it’s like:

1. Topic A – Header A – Logo A. Relevant page & product page: A1, A2, so on. Logo link: myweb.com

2. Topic B – Header B – Logo B. Relevant page & product page: B1, B2, so on. Logo link: myweb.com/kids

How to do this?

elsa

Hi Leo,
    Can I use image link under header setting for this and upload transparent image for every header? How do I align the transparent image with logo that I upload on the header setting?

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Ahh you were using the wrong filter. That one is for logo link.

To swap out for different logo, this is the one you need: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/generate_logo/

What’s the logic in topic A and B? Are they categories?

elsa

For logo, I can generate different logo for each header.

Topic B consists of products that categorized under “Kids”; and also pages.

Similar logic apply to Topic A. How to do conditional to link 2 header logos to 2 different pages?

elsa

Hi Leo,
    I resolved this by creating ahref for site title on header setting. But now my title positioning is not correct. How to position this?

<!– page header –>

<p class=”main-title” itemprop=”headline”>

Spruce Up Space!

</p>

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Not sure what you mean?

So you are going to use page header instead?

Where would you like to position that?

elsa

Yes, I decided to use page header setting to make the grouping easier. I want to position the site title in the center above navigation menu.

elsa

Hi, resolved. Thanks.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Awesome 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.