[Support request] Custom Blog Post

Home Forums Support [Support request] Custom Blog Post

Home Forums Support Custom Blog Post

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Susan

I am currently trying to move all content from a privately coded website (collectorwiz.com) over to WordPress with GeneratePress Premium … but I am having an issue trying to edit and line things up properly. My website designer passed away and I am trying to keep the “look” and ease of usage the same.

#1 – The Single Post view page cannot be edited properly with Elementor… I contacted WordPress Live and they assisted in getting things to look almost like I want, but they recommended I contact you to see if you can help complete this task.

I would like the most recent Blog Post to show up on the home page of collectorflip.com with the same appearance as this screenshot (if possible) Screen shot Home page Single post

Currently there are no paragraphs and Title information is duplicating. I am not sure if the Blog single post template can be customized, but it cannot be edited completely with Elementor… and honestly looks really crappy and unprofessional …

#2 – when you click on “READ MORE” a page opens that is not completely editable. If you delete the Featured image… then the image does not appear on the Blog Posts Page… here is a screen shot of how I would like the “Read More” page to look WITHOUT the featured image on top of everything and instead have the Featured Image in the left column of the Single Post. (see screenshot)

Screen shot with details added

#3 – Is there any way that the “Featured Image” can include more than one image that people can see if they click on the arrow in a slider?

Either way… I am hoping we can adjust this somehow… I appreciate your help!

Susan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi there,

1. It looks like you’re using Elementor to include this post. I’m not familiar with their blog post features. I assume there’s a way to left align the title, add a border and add paragraphs.

2. You can disable the featured image added by the theme in Customize > Layout > Blog within the featured image section: https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adjusting-the-featured-images/

3. This is likely something Elementor can do, but you might need to ask them how as I’m not familiar enough with the plugin.

Susan

WordPress is telling me this is a GeneratePress Theme and told me maybe a different theme would be better. That seems like an easy out answer. This is a good theme and should be able to edit something as simple as a layout issue.

We tried to disable the featured image… but then it does not appear on the main blog page.

Can the “READ MORE” page of the Blog in this GeneratePress theme use some type of coding to give a more professional layout of that page? Its antiquated and really needs to be set up with columns instead of all that blank space forcing people to scroll thru dead spaces

Please advise if there are any template options available for viewing the single blog posts.

Thank You for your help
    Susan

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Hi Susan,

Since you’re using Elementor to build the layout, there isn’t much GeneratePress can do. If you use the standard GeneratePress blog, we have more control over what can be done.

When disabling the featured image, make sure you click the “Posts” tab to target the single posts and not the blog page: http://prntscr.com/mu710h

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.