[Resolved] CSS for optimisation purposes

Home Forums Support [Resolved] CSS for optimisation purposes

Home Forums Support CSS for optimisation purposes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Jose

Hi GPP Team,

I hope you’re doing well.

Firstly a bit of background: I have been adding CSS within plugins (i.e. Elementor, AE Elementor, WOOF Filters, etc), when needed.

My Question is: should I put all the CSS (together) in the Edit CSS of GPP or leave every CSS code within each place where is coded?
    What’s best practice for optimising CSS?

Looking forward to hearing from you and appreciated as always your help with my doubts so far.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

There isn’t an CSS editor from GPP.

I assume you are referring to additional CSS which is actually from WordPress itself.

Do you have lots of CSS? If so it might be better to create a child theme. See more info here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/using-child-theme/

Jose

Thanks Leo for the prompt response,

You assume right, the thing is in the Dashboard under “Appearance” is “Edit CSS” which links you straight into “Additional CSS” in the Customizer and this is a feature your theme introduced.

Regarding CSS, I might say altogether is no longer than 100 lines. Do you reckon I still need a child theme?
    It’s all short tweaks for Images, Variations, Tabs and Filters, really that’s all, it does the job and I’m pretty happy with the results, I don’t think I would ever need an extra 100 lines of CSS.

Just for my knowledge, can you tell me how much “a lot” of CSS is? How many lines will be a lot?

So, the question is, all CSS under “Additional CSS” or it’s best to add the lines on the Custom CSS spaces available in every plugin? (Just the CSS required to tweak that particular feature).

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

Again Additional CSS is from WordPress and not the GP. See explanation here:
    https://docs.generatepress.com/article/adding-css/#additional-css

Shouldn’t need a child theme for 100 lines of CSS. If you have like 500 lines then definitely child theme.

It shouldn’t matter too much where the CSS are added. Personally I prefer to add them all add one place so I only have to check one place when I want to edit them.

Hope this answers your question ๐Ÿ™‚

Jose

Appreciated, thanks Leo, that’s what I was after.

Keep the good job rolling!

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support

No problem ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.