[Support request] Convert my existing theme to Generatepress

Home Forums Support [Support request] Convert my existing theme to Generatepress

Home Forums Support Convert my existing theme to Generatepress

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi

I purchased this theme from a website which is quite heavy and takes ages to load.

I built all the pages using WPBakery builder. But I’d like to know if there’s any way to convert all the pages to Generatepress and make my site load really quickly.

Any suggestions or help would be welcome.

Thanks
    vin

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

the Theme isn’t responsible for the content you add to the page.
    I am not a user of WP Bakery so i am not sure what happens to the content if that plugin is disabled but at the very least it would remove any styles you added in WP Bakery.

Unfortunately migrating from a page builder to a non-pagebuilder site requires manual re-working.

Anonymous

@David Thanks. Would be possible to use a scraping/cloning tool to copy all existing pages into a clean installation of Generatepress and then move the data back to the original hosting? Is there a scraping/cloning tool that Generatepress supports well?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

I would probably create a Staging site. Most good hosts offer the service.
    Then on the Staging Site switch themes and disable the page builder and see what breaks and what does not – and then repair / rebuild from there. Once happy your Host can push the Staging site to live.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.