[Resolved] Content Padding

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Content Padding

Home Forums Support Content Padding

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Rachel

Hello,

I’ve searched the forums but can’t seem to find my answer… I am using generatepress + beaver builder for a site and I can’t seem to make the content padding options work. On the single posts pages, the content stretched full width but I have:

Elements > Layout is “Contained” which applies to all “post”

On Customize > Layout > Container – I can see changes when I modify the container width but not when I modify content padding.

Beaver builder is on the pages, not the posts I think. I have also purged any cache on the site..

How do I make the padding take effect? Also, the images added to a post (are not featured image) – they aren’t responsive. How do I get that to take effect?

Thanks in advance!

Rachel

I can see the padding is set to zero from generatepress/style.min.css?ver=2.2.2 .. but I can’t figure out from where that is?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

this CSS in the Customizer > Additional CSS is setting the padding:

@media (min-width: 720px) 
    {
    .separate-containers .inside-article, .separate-containers .comments-area, .separate-containers .page-header, .separate-containers .paging-navigation, .one-container .site-content, .inside-page-header {
      padding: 120px !important;

}
    Rachel

I put that after I asked the question because client was asking me to fix padding asap… hoping for it to be just a temp CSS code …

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You have the pagebuilder container set to full width which removes the padding, which means you would need to add the padding in beaver builder.

Rachel

I thought the page builder only takes over the padding for the pages it is in charge of? It isn’t applied to the blog posts – just the pages.

Rachel

I just visited one of the pages which Beaver Builder isn’t taking over – and played with setting there of the padding. I can see it taking effect there. So pages not using page builder beaver builder, the content padding settings works. The blog posts though, I can’t make any changes to the padding using Customizer > Layout > Container > Content Padding.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Odd i can see the mobile container padding in the Customizer CSS.
    In the General Settings do you have the dynamic cache checked?

Rachel

Yes, I did. I tried unchecking it and purge the web host dynamic cache (and my browser cache). No changes.

I changed it to a really obvious number (321px for content padding) – I can see it padding a page, privacy policy page, that isn’t using the page builder. The single posts/individual articles are still full width/no padding for both desktop and mobile.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Elements > Layout is “Contained” which applies to all “post”

This is the issue. Using the “Full Width” or “Contained” options will remove the padding from the page, as it assumes the padding will be coming from a page builder.

If you remove that option from single posts (that aren’t using a page builder), the padding should come back.

Let me know if that makes sense or not 🙂

Rachel

Oh, I misread one of the previous help forum posts and applied that!

Okay, so I tried changing it to default and clear cache. Then I removed the element entirely and clear cache. Thought it wasn’t working again… but put up a new post and it is taking effect! Thanks!

The existing posts are still full-width though – is there a suggestion to fix that or better just to re-create them?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

It should apply to all existing posts as well. Is there a specific post that’s still full width? I can’t find one.

Let me know 🙂

Rachel

Hi! So sorry for late reply – the client deleted them all and did up new posts.

Thanks so much for the help!!

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.