[Resolved] Conflict with Inline Google Viewer plugin?

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Conflict with Inline Google Viewer plugin?

Home Forums Support Conflict with Inline Google Viewer plugin?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Louis

Hi Tom,
    I am trying to use the plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/inline-google-spreadsheet-viewer/
    This plugin is useful to display Spreadsheets in Google Spreadsheet Online Format and CSV file. I got it to work fine with the Google Spreadsheet but had no success with CSV file which I would prefer to use.
    As I look at all others options of conflict, I would like that you check if there could be one with the GeneratePress theme.

CASE:
    Have a look at this page http://lelaurier.net/test-releve-de-compte/
    ONE: Google Spreadsheet, display fine
    TWO: CSV file, display just a line, data-table is not displayed (not generated)
    THREE : Simple link to the CSV file to demonstrate that it is accessible

CODE IS:
    ONE
    [gdoc key=”https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qbkOQMu8c3vxFF_-iNdZLN7i4wenfZWcqeT4Y6kNGh4/edit?usp=sharing” ]
    TWO
    [gdoc key=”http://lelaurier.net/fileaway/Administration/Comptes/touslescomptes.csv” ]
    THREE
    Direct link

ACTIONS TAKEN:

1) The plugin developer has tested with the exact same code and it is fine in his environment. His answer was: “When I use the shortcode you provide, I get a table. I can pull your CSV file and see its data in my post. You may want to ensure no other plugin is interfering with the output. “
    2) I did deactivate ALL others plugins but still same result. (Had to do backup/restore)
    3) I am reaching to you hoping you could help me with that mystery.

Thanks in advance.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Interesting – when you switch to another theme like Twenty Sixteen, does it display?

I am seeing this error in my inspect console:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'aDataSort' of undefined

Which points to a javascript error in the plugin.

Let me know 🙂

Louis

I was afrai8d of switching theme. Had a bad experience in deactivating all plugins…. They did not came back with all settings after reactivation.

Is it OK if I switch theme and come back to yours ?

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Yes you shouldn’t experience any issues – if you’re nervous you can do a database backup first which is never a bad idea.

Louis

Hi Tom,

I tried with Twenty Sixteen (in previsualisation) and the page http://lelaurier.net/test-releve-de-compte/ does not even open (just stay on same page). If I remove the CSV code, it open.

So it is obviously not a theme problem.

AS I am not that technical, could you give me more information on the “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘aDataSort’ of undefined”.
    Anything that I could send to the plugin developper to help him find the problem.

Thanks.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I wouldn’t know as I didn’t write the code, but they should have a pretty good idea what’s going on if they know the error message 🙂

Louis

Hi Tom,

Here is the answer I got when mentionning the error in the inspect console: “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘aDataSort’ of undefined”. Which points to a javascript error in the plugin.

Answer

It’s not a matter of the JavaScript because no HTML is being produced on your site. Here’s a screenshot showing what I mean.

In contrast, when I use the shortcode you showed (that points to the CSV file on your server) on my test site, running the Twenty Sixteen theme, the HTML is produced and the JavaScript executes without an error. Here’s another screenshot showing what I mean.

Therefore, I cannot reproduce the issue and that means whatever is causing the problem is something else on your server.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Next thing I would try is activating Twenty Sixteen, and deactivate all plugins except for that one.

If it works, activate each plugin one by one until it breaks again.

Louis

I did both of these but independently:
    1) Remove all plugins : Did not worked (an a lot of trouble when reactivating…)
    2) Tried Twenty Sixteen in previsualisation: My test page would not even load (It does load with you theme)

I might do what you propose eventually.

BTW, when you got “Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘aDataSort’ of undefined” was that on my server or your server.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

So you’ve tried using the Twenty Sixteen theme with no other plugins activated, and it still doesn’t work?

If that’s the case, then it would have to be your server as the plugin developer says, as you would be testing with the same theme/plugins as him.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.