[Resolved] Conditional loading of featured image with Page Hero

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Conditional loading of featured image with Page Hero

Home Forums Support Conditional loading of featured image with Page Hero

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Michael

Loving the page hero feature, I have it showing the featured image in my header for different pages. I set it to disable the featured image which works well on a lot of pages. There’s a certain category where I’d like both the header to show the featured image, and to include it in the post.

Bit stuck on how to achieve this. I can exclude the category for the element, but then that category will show the default header. Do I need to have two page heros, and then just have the featured image option enabled for the second page hero?

Brain is sort of mashed today, so any help, greatly appreciated.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

glad you like the page hero πŸ™‚

Thats correct, you would need to create 2 header elements.

Header Element 1 as is – and you exclude the relevant Post Category.
    Header Element 2 with Featured Image enabled and only assigned to the relevant post category.

Michael

Thanks David,

Sometimes when you wonder how to do things, the answers sort of present themselves as you’re asking the question. I still wasn’t sure if that would work or not, so it’s good to know that it will.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

You’re welcome

Michael

Wow, took me a while to find this thread. Would be great if there were a link we could use to see which posts we’ve made. Anyway, that aside.

I took the plunge and set this up, I excluded the featured image being shown in the options of the main element, it shows in the header. But I excluded the flame category of posts from this element so it didn’t apply.

I created a second element where the option to show the featured image in the post wasn’t disabled, and duplicated the settings from the first, and chose it to show in the flame category of posts.

Here’s the weird thing, sometimes the featured image shows in the post and sometimes it doesn’t. I’ve no idea why. The posts are in the correct category, but it doesn’t show. Go to another post from same category and it does?

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

At the top of the support page beside search – hit the Forum Profile and you can see all of Topics and Replies you have created πŸ™‚

Hmmm thats peculiar – can you share screenshots of the Display Rules for both Header Elements?

Michael

D’oh I can’t believe I missed that button, I was looking at top right info for that. Thanks David.

Regarding the rest, turned out to be something else that was causing that particular problem, not my logic (thank god) (WP flying images, the CDN was sending broken images back temporarily).

Thanks as always.

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad you got it resolved πŸ™‚

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.