[Resolved] Combine two themes from the site library

Home Forums Support [Resolved] Combine two themes from the site library

Home Forums Support Combine two themes from the site library

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Thomas

Hi there, I have a customer who likes two themes in the site library: mason and niche.

He would like me to apply mason as theme to his current website, however, he’d like the store to look like the one in niche (because mason doesn’t have any store template pieces like filters, etc.).

What would be the best way to go about that?

I know and have previously used the theme import tool in the GP extension. I’m just wondering how I can import the store theme elements of niche and the theme mason overall.

I hope my question is clear. Thanks for your help!

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Hi there,

not sure how this will work as both Sites import their own settings and styles that are quite unique.

You could try:

1. Install Niche. Go to Customizer > Additional CSS and copy out the CSS for safe keeping.
    2. Make a change to the site, this should stop the next import from removing Niche. Eg. Remove Home Page if thats not required and add a test page.
    3. Install the Mason Site. See what happens.
    You will need to check the Customizer > Additional CSS to see if the Niche CSS is still present if it isn’t then paste it back in.

Its a bit of a suck it and see kinda process.

Thomas

Hi David,
    Thanks for your fast response. This sort of worked. In the end, importing Mason messed up a lot of things in Niche though. I ended up just importing Mason, exporting CSS, restoring to before the import, import Niche, and add the few CSS lines from Mason on top of Niche’s (the non-conflicting, which were most). I’ll design the navigation manually to look like Mason. Still saved lots of time compared to importing Mason and trying to set up the store as it is in Niche!
    Thanks again and have a nice day!
    Thomas

David
    Staff
    Customer Support

Glad to hear you found a solution!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.