[Support request] Close clicked submenu after clicked on submenu item (anchor links)

Home Forums Support [Support request] Close clicked submenu after clicked on submenu item (anchor links)

Home Forums Support Close clicked submenu after clicked on submenu item (anchor links)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Manuel

Hey there,

I’ve created a submenu (clicked version) with a few anchor links. When I’ve clicked on one of them, the submenu didn’t close. Any ideas how to fix it?

User: Tom
    Password: Generate

Best regrds
    Manuel

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Manuel

Thanks for the very fast reply.
    I’ve already tried that one. Doesn’t work.

Leo
    Staff
    Customer Support
    Manuel

yeah, when I choose the “Hover Version” it works. But when it’s possible I want to use the “Clicked Version”.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Can you try this PHP?:

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', function() {
        $script = "
            var deactivateSubMenuOnScroll = function() {
                var openSubMenus = document.querySelectorAll( 'nav .main-nav .menu-item-has-children .sub-menu.toggled-on' ),
                    activeMenuItems = document.querySelectorAll( 'nav .main-nav .menu-item-has-children.sfHover' );

for ( var i = 0; i < openSubMenus.length; i++ ) {
                    openSubMenus[i].classList.remove( 'toggled-on' );
                }

for ( var i = 0; i < activeMenuItems.length; i++ ) {
                    activeMenuItems[i].classList.remove( 'sfHover' );
                }
            };

document.addEventListener( 'scrollStart', deactivateSubMenuOnScroll, false );
        ";

wp_add_inline_script( 'generate-smooth-scroll', $script );
    } );

Let me know ๐Ÿ™‚

Manuel

Thanks Tom!
    When I’ve added the code via “Code Snippets” I got this message:

The code snippet that you’re attempting to save has produced a fatal flaw on line 4:

syntax error, unexpected ‘nav’ (T_STRING)
    The previous version of the snippet is unchanged and the rest of this website should work as normal before.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Sorry about that! Can you try the updated code?

Manuel

Sorry Tom, didn’t work. No error message anymore but the submenu keeps still open after click.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

Ah, sorry. That code assumed you were using the smooth scroll option in GP Premium.

Are you using a specific smooth scroll script/plugin? Or is it happening automatically with Elementor?

Manuel

It’s happening automatically with Elementor.
    I’ve seen that your code assuming smooth scroll but even when I activate your smooth scroll script the code doesn’t work.
    Wish I could deactivate the Elementor smooth scroll but I didn’t find a way to do that yet.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

I don’t think they allow you to disable it for some reason.

I wonder if there’s an event listener we can hook into within their smooth scroll script? It might be worth asking them. We basically need some code to fire once the smooth scroll begins (or ends).

Manuel

Good idea, I’ll ask the Elementor support. If I get a useful hint I’ll post it here.
    Thanks a lot, for your great work and always great support.

Tom
    Lead Developer
    Lead Developer

No problem! If they have a listener we can hook into, I’m happy to help with the code ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.